Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the current email I have from AST Susupension systems.

Hello Mr. Slater,

we have different kits for the Nürburgring-Nordschleife, we make much kits for the VLN ( Langstreckenpokal ). So we make for all the new Focus RS from the Ingenieurs from Ford-Motorsport the suspension for the VLN and we are working on a suspension for the DTC Cars for Ford, because they have Problems with the suispension they use now.

We deliver complete kits, with Top-Mounts with Camber and Caster, Bearing etc., rear suspension with damper and spring serate oder damper high-adjustable with the springs on the damper. All damper you can get in 1-way- or 3-way-adjustable. The front dampers are in UPSIDE-DOWN System.

So let me know what you want and we make an offer. Also you can come to next race to the VLN and you can looking at the cars about the different systems. Or, when I have my next Appointment by Ford-Motorsport in Cologne you come also to Ford.

Regards,
Jürgen Schneider

Now would this be something the Spec Series Focus cars would be interested in?

I am thinking of going with this sytem if the price is right, Under $3000.

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Second email:

Where you are coming from?!

We are this afternoon at the Nürburgring ( GP-Kurs ) and testing with Schirra-Motoring and some other teams, some of them are with the suspension. Otherwise maybe next week.

The new Series is very interesting for us! So we make last week a contract with our new Importeur in the USA, we are also at the SEMA-SHOW in Las Vegas. Can you make a Contact to someone who is responsible about the Suspension Kits for the new Ford Focus Series?!

Further we´re starting in August with our new Company CDS-Automotive. This is a Company that I make with Mr. Capristo ( www.capristo.de ). Capristo is making Exhaust Systems for Ferrari, Lamborghini and Maserati, we are making now also Exhaust Systems for BMW, Mercedes etc.

We make Suspension, Exhaust Systems, Braking-Systems and other Thinks ...

The Picture with the nice Girl is in our new Company on the Dynameter.

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
Nice babelfish.

So... this is a full coilover setup, with inverted struts and camber/caster adjustability?

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bablefish? No cut and paste from my email.

Yes I have not seen it yet. They were testing this afternoon but I am in the middle of rebuilding the front of a 96 Windstar right now so no time. I want to see the full setup first hand maybe even drive it. Good to have a DMSB race license. He said if he is in the area he would give me a call. Looks like Aug 28th will be the first race I will get to see the system at.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts