Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
David Anderson
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey..so far, you and one other zx2 owner are on here. Question. 02 zx2 auto. Until the car warms up, its fine, after it warms up..at WOT, it bogs going into 3rd gear. As if it retards the timming. But this is ONLY when its out of warmup mode. Do you think trying to fool the car its running cooler than it actually is may fix this? The other zx2 boards didnt know much.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I remember a while back someone posted about this happenning. In an 00' ATX he had some problems where he could only get to 80 and it would sputter, another instance at 75 and even once at 40. He's still having problems with it, but some of the things suggested were fuel pump, fuel filter.....personally it may be worth a trip to your friendly dealer to see if there an updated code for your car for that problem

·
Registered
394 Posts
I am one of the other ZX2 owners who posts on Focaljet and also on CEG (Contour Enthusiast Group.) You might want to check over at www.contour.org or www.contour.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php

Unfortunately I can't help you with an ATX problem. I became very disillusioned with Ford FWD ATX transmissions years ago and haven't looked at one in years. Sorry.

·
Registered
333 Posts
sorry. wish i could help you. not too familar with the ATX. it shouldn't bog down. that just doesn't sound normal. also, i'm surprised nobody at teamzx2.com could help you. there's a lot of guys there with ATX's

1 - 7 of 7 Posts