Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a yellow Netherlands Euro plate and want to test the local cops and see if they give me a ticket for not having a regulation front plate.
I have the collection (RS) front Euro bumper so it has the proper cut-out for it but I don't want to screw it on so I'm looking for any ides on how to affix it without damaging the paint which I think double sided tape will do.

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
Just make sure you clean the paint real good. It will hold no problems.

USE only 3m tape!!

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
I run around with a German front plate and no cops bother me.. hell I got in a fender bender with it on and the cop looked at it and said thats a cool Ohio plate..I laughed...

he didnt tell me to take it off..

im thinking bout getting front and rear German plates with my Ohio licence numbers on them and putting the registration sticker on them too... just to see what would happen.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
im thinking bout getting front and rear German plates with my Ohio licence numbers on them and putting the registration sticker on them too... just to see what would happen.
You may as well. Just look at all the "specialty" plates the states themselves are putting out. Beach scenes, sports teams, lighthouses, college logos. It seems to be open game since the states abandoned their official colors. Just make sure you pay them their money

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
I don't think you'll run into any problems with a different tag on the front...unless your state requires a tag on the front. I see JDM and European tags on TONS of cars in my area...never heard of any issues with the police.

·
Registered
556 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
yea pennsylvania you dont need a plate on the front of your car... so you would be able to put whatever you wanted on the front if you lived in PA. well maybe not WHATEVER you wanted... but ya know.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Well yeah it really just depends on the cops that see it. That 3M tape should hold fine, and probably not damage the paint.. Maybe talk to a tint shop, or some place that attaches car and truck accessories.. see what kind of products they use that are paint safe.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My province requires a front plate and I've never been hassled for not having one on my Euro bumper but I was hasseled for not having one on my stock NA bumer. Go figure.

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
I have an idea... how about gluing some SUPER HEAVY DUTY magnets inside your bumper, and to the back of your plate... and attaching?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts