Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone in Canada received the latest ecu reflash? RLA0.
My dealer doesn't know how to manually download it. They say it isn't available.

URRRRRGHHHHHHHHH!!

·
Registered
830 Posts
I did, its not called RLA0 tought, its all good and I had no problems at all since then, the car feel awsome and has more power for sure down low.

im in SW ontario

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
The TSB # is 03-19-11 and is called YRF0.I would imagine that Canada would use the same coding as the US.The RLA code isn't being used for the new ecu update.I hope this helps.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oooppss yes that is what I meant. My problem is they say they don't know HOW to download it. THey claim they have to WAIT for ford to send it to them, which we all know is a B%&^ S%#T.

FrenchConnection: Where did you have it done? and did they have to download it first?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Which part of Canada you from? They have to download it from a satellite from what I understand. I don't see how they can't download it, I'd imagine that's a pre-requisite for them to be an actualy Ford dealer. I'd would call up other dealers in your area & ask..

·
Registered
77 Posts
Had mine done yesterday on Ottawa, by Campbell Ford, the only SVT dealer in town.

They said that they usually get a CD-ROM once a month with such TSB info as ECU reflashes.

They told me that they knew the new CD was coming, but that they -exact words of the service tech- had to "download it through the phone lines from Ford".

YRF0 is well worth the PITA that the Ford dealers may give us.

They can get it right away, and they should.

If they claim it's impossible, have them call the Service Manager at Campbell's in Ottawa - Zach Watson, real nice guy.
613-725-3611.

BTW, mine was the first car in Ottawa to get the reflash.

·
Registered
48 Posts
what is this new ECU suppose to fix? I had RLA 6 (I think) and while my cold to warming up start has gotten better. I have experienced the 2k-3k surging. Didn't do it before I got flashed as much, only once in the beginning. Anyway how I can find out which RLA they flashed me with? 'cuz there r no stickers =O(

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
There is a sticky at the top of the page for the new ECU Calibration for the SVTF's it discusses the symptoms that the new update will correct and which code YRF0 and TSB # 03-19-11.I hope this helps.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Had mine done yesterday on Ottawa, by Campbell Ford, the only SVT dealer in town.

They said that they usually get a CD-ROM once a month with such TSB info as ECU reflashes.

They told me that they knew the new CD was coming, but that they -exact words of the service tech- had to "download it through the phone lines from Ford".

YRF0 is well worth the PITA that the Ford dealers may give us.

They can get it right away, and they should.

If they claim it's impossible, have them call the Service Manager at Campbell's in Ottawa - Zach Watson, real nice guy.
613-725-3611.

BTW, mine was the first car in Ottawa to get the reflash.

Are you sure you were the first one.... I had mine done also. Drove into Ottawa Ford (non SVT dealer) got it done right away. I had no appt and it only took less than 30 minutes. Nice program.. No more surging. I did not have any other symptoms.

·
Registered
77 Posts
OK,
maybe not the first in town with the new flash then!
I'm actually surprised that Donnelly's did it for you - I always thought that for Ford to eat the repair bill on warranty work for an SVT, you had to go to an SVT dealer.

Anyways, the service tech at Campbell's told me when I picked up my car that it was the first one THEY had done.

BTW - did you get your supercharger installed locally?

Wondering what the whole package costs, installed. About $3K Canadian? More? Less?

If it's less than $3K, it might be something to look into.

·
Registered
643 Posts
OK,
maybe not the first in town with the new flash then!
I'm actually surprised that Donnelly's did it for you - I always thought that for Ford to eat the repair bill on warranty work for an SVT, you had to go to an SVT dealer.

Anyways, the service tech at Campbell's told me when I picked up my car that it was the first one THEY had done.

BTW - did you get your supercharger installed locally?

Wondering what the whole package costs, installed. About $3K Canadian? More? Less?

If it's less than $3K, it might be something to look into.
Naw you can bring your SVT to any ford dealer. I happen to HATE Campbell Ford. That's why I bought in Toronto.

I installed the JRSC Myself. It wasn't to difficult. It cost me a little more than 3 grand though. I paid 2747 USD for it back in Feb. The dollar was crappy. It was 4305 CAD on my M/card then when UPS crooks arrived with it I had to give them 685 CAD for taxes and brokerage... So it cost 5grand.

I now also have the long crank to start... I can put up with ti because I have no surging anymore

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey Lumpy, go to Markville Ford at 407 and Kennedy....got mine done there earlier this week. What a difference!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts