Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have a Turbo or a Supercharger on you car. The car will have to find a new base class.

It's based on Hp/Wt Ratio.

Weight/hp ratio
<7.0 TTU
<8.5 TTA
<10.0 TTB
<11.5 TTC
<13.5 TTD
<16.5 TTE
<21.0 TTF

Weight is defined as Competition weight, and horsepower is the number provided by the engine manufacturer. But, you no longer have to take points for Engine Mods or Weight reduction.

Example: if you have a 2002 ZX3 and have a Turbo where you’re getting 240hp… The Competition weigh of your ZX3 is 2450lbs… That would be a 10.2:1 ration, the car would start in a base class of TTC. Then you would add suspension, brake, tires and aero points for you for you final classification.

So, if you’re going to the event, and you have a Turbo or supercharger on your Focus please email me you est HP and set weight. [email protected] or just PM me.

I don't know how many Turbo or Supercharge cars we'll have, it looks like most of the tuners are coming with NA cars.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
airforcefocus said:
Is that WHP?

It's HP at the crank. The owner/driver must should have a certified dynamometer report, and the desired competition weight of the vehicle (no driver—at the lowest weight the car will be driven at) to the National TT Director, prior to the car’s first competition in order to be assigned a new base class. Any competitor wishing to drive without a Dyno test will compete in the TTU class if the original base class was TTB or below, or in the TTR class if the original base class was TTA or TTU. All competitors will be required to bring their latest Dyno certification to the track with them at each event. Any subsequent modifications or adjustments done to the car that could alter power output, will require assessment by the TT Director, and probable repeat Dyno testing. Repeat Dyno testing may be requested at the end of the season, and at any other time that the TT Directors or Inspectors feel is warranted.

I suggest everyone bring a Dyno Sheet with them if they are running a supercharger or Turbo. Which most of you most likely have. If you don't have a Dyno sheet...don't worry you can still run in TTU..... If you have 320+ HP you will most likely be in TTU anyways.... Unless you added 500 pounds to the car.

·
is THE most interesting man in the world!
3,514 Posts
Gotcha. I'm also looking at what type of dyno is authorized. If I can use a Mustang dyno, that would be terrific.

I'm also looking for tech info. With a relocated battery, do you need a cutoff switch? I'm putting one in, but may not have it by August.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
airforcefocus said:
Gotcha. I'm also looking at what type of dyno is authorized. If I can use a Mustang dyno, that would be terrific.

I'm also looking for tech info. With a relocated battery, do you need a cutoff switch? I'm putting one in, but may not have it by August.
Nope

You don't need a cutoff switch.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BUR_ZX3 said:
That goes against the honor among racers. I forsee many impounds.

We don't have a lot of Non-OEM Turbos or Supercharge cars. So, there hasn't been a lot impounds.

But I do know some people got caught cheating, and had there time DQ'ed and was moved up to TTU for all future TT events.

Also, you if you get DQ'ed from the NASA TT event... You'll also be DQ'ed in the [FJ] Track Attack as well.

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Yea it would definatley be an honor system, there is no way you could tell even with mobile dynos.

My car has a switch, I just switch from high to low boost with the push of a small button. Wouldnt' be hard to fool anyone if I wanted. Of course I wouldn't do that. And I woudl NEVER run my POS on high boost on the track. It's just a variable I thought would be fun to mention.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They kinda of take that into account. That is why I feel they kinda overclass all non-oem Turbos and superchargers.

But tape does wonders on buttons and ECU units.

·
Banned
1,327 Posts
Ted:
So if a car classes TTC/D but is under 10:1 power/weight, will it be forced to reclassify?

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Walter,

If you have a N/A car all you have to do is take the all the engine mods points no matter what the power/weight ratio is.

If you have a turbo, you must get reclassed and then take points for all non-engine mods. NASA treats Non-OEM turbos and supercharges like engine changes.

So, if you have a N/A car that is classed in TTC/D and has a 10:1 power-to-weight....then it won't need to be reclassed.

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
u can tape mine i have a wireless button i can put anywere :evilgrin: but im to far to run in it anyway :( i would love to go watch how many of these race will there be

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
orangeZXT said:
u can tape mine i have a wireless button i can put anywere :evilgrin: but im to far to run in it anyway :( i would love to go watch how many of these race will there be
After talking to Ron,

We talked about having them twice a year.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts