Ford Focus Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
is THE most interesting man in the world!
3,514 Posts
Ted7rns said:
It's HP at the crank. The owner/driver must should have a certified dynamometer report, and the desired competition weight of the vehicle (no driver—at the lowest weight the car will be driven at) to the National TT Director, prior to the car’s first competition in order to be assigned a new base class. Any competitor wishing to drive without a Dyno test will compete in the TTU class if the original base class was TTB or below, or in the TTR class if the original base class was TTA or TTU. All competitors will be required to bring their latest Dyno certification to the track with them at each event. Any subsequent modifications or adjustments done to the car that could alter power output, will require assessment by the TT Director, and probable repeat Dyno testing. Repeat Dyno testing may be requested at the end of the season, and at any other time that the TT Directors or Inspectors feel is warranted.

I suggest everyone bring a Dyno Sheet with them if they are running a supercharger or Turbo. Which most of you most likely have. If you don't have a Dyno sheet...don't worry you can still run in TTU..... If you have 320+ HP you will most likely be in TTU anyways.... Unless you added 500 pounds to the car.

Gotcha. I only have dynos with WHP, which is at 235, will they recalculate for BHP? I don't know how to get crank numbers otherwise, unless I pull the motor. What percentage do they use for re-calculation?

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
airforcefocus said:
Gotcha. I only have dynos with WHP, which is at 235, will they recalculate for BHP? I don't know how to get crank numbers otherwise, unless I pull the motor. What percentage do they use for re-calculation?
They changed the rule... They'll be going by WHP for FI cars.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts