Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious to see how the FRPP and FS street headers are holding up under the stresses of everyday driving. Any problems with cracking, rusting, flaky coating, etc.? I know FS has great customer service, but what about Ford Motorsport?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I have the FS street header on my car. After a year and a half of commuting and the occasional spirited drive with other 5280 members, it has developed a crack where the collectors meet and head into the cat. FS offers a one year warranty on their products, so I couldn't get it replaced under warranty. However, Randy was more than willing to make me a deal on a race header/flex combo if I wanted it. After doing a little research, though, I decided against it.

Now, as for Ford Racing, I spoke via e-mail with Ray Dixon at my Ford Performance; he says that the Fr rep he talked to said that they will replace or repair an itme that comes straight out of the box damaged, but once the part is installed, there are no repplacements/repairs/warranties, etc.

I think my next header will be a JBA. They offer a lifetime replacement guarantee if something happens to their part.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I can attest to JBA's excellent warranty and customer service. I just had a 1st gen JBA crack and Alex from JBA replaced it no questions asked. Seeing as how almost every brand of street header has some history of cracking, I would go with the JBA and their lifetime warranty.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts