Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have their ATX go caput on them?? How many miles, what mods, when did you first notice it??

I first noticed mine beginning to slip 8 months ago, now its full on gone, its been a slow and steady death, the signs increased ten fold as of these past few months, going from slipping slightly passing on the freeway to slipping to the point where it would not downshift to pass at all, now it will not go into third and fourth at all without me being completely off the gas, and first and second just begain to slip this morning. She's going to the shop Monday, we'll see what Ford says, I hope its good news.

Mods: Volant Intake, FC 3pc Pully Set, Pacesetter Header, FC Cat Bypass, FC Flex-Pipe, Pacesetter Exhaust, Progress Springs and 17" wheels, they prolly won't do it under warranty without a really cool dealership, and I put the stock cat back on today.....that was like pulling teeth...but its on there, kinda.

only mods on the car when the tranny went to hell were the exhaust mods, sans the flex-pipe, the most recents mods and the subsequent testing did it in, I guess.

18K miles (almost) and 1 tranny down

·
Registered
921 Posts
Funny, around 18k and mine did the same.

2000 ZX3
short ram intake, exhuast, UDP

A LOT OF NEUTRAL DROPS

That car has been totaled though, the new one is great!

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts

[ 09-15-2002, 10:32 AM: Message edited by: focusownerskid ]

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
I know that Toolebox has had a few problems with his Auto - He'll post up soon

drew
fok

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
mine started going to crap around 33k miles.
2nd-3rd gear slip.

I currently have:

-Custom Burnt Diablosport Chip (for nitrous)
-Borla Catback
-IceMan CAI w/ add-on duct
-Focus Central Crank UDP
-Kent Adjustable Cam Gears (tuning soon)
-Focus Central Race Header
-Focus Central Flex Joint
-Focus Central 65mm TB

Took it to the dealership to fix.

you can read about that venture here:

Warranty Work Battle For Failed ATX Tranny... Victory = TOOLEBOX

·
Registered
867 Posts
13K, tranny went to crap. No mods, no neutral drops,just aggressive driving. 2002 ZTS

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no neutral drops here, only a handful of mods and agressive driving for 18K miles, and a thread thats getting printed just in case

thanks guys, going to the dealership tomorrow morning and taking all the guns with me

·
Registered
275 Posts
Mine had a few signs and all of a sudden went PLOP on the road. And only 23k on it. Im relieved to hear Im not the only one. Now have a BRAND new one. No rebuild. And Ive onlt got a K&N panel and a Magnaflow muffler. Just the muffler

·
You Can't Make Me Laugh
4,566 Posts
Originally posted by PGZX3:
no neutral drops here, only a handful of mods and agressive driving for 18K miles, and a thread thats getting printed just in case

thanks guys, going to the dealership tomorrow morning and taking all the guns with me
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Good luck and be firm.
Dealerships hate an informed customer.

[ 09-15-2002, 06:36 PM: Message edited by: KonaZXIII ]

·
Registered
972 Posts
I can actually get my tires to chirp from 1-2 kind funny, I thought only mannies did that.
38K no problems

~Steve

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Originally posted by KonaZXIII:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by PGZX3:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Good luck and be firm.
Dealerships hate an informed customer.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">exactly Kona... when i went to the dealership and started throwin out quotes from nopi, tellin him exactly what was wrong and then him hearing his lead tech reiterate exactly the same issue i had just said, it made him bitter, but i got my warranty work!

·
Registered
797 Posts
damn all this talk is depressing
what do u mean you can feel it slipping like give me a example of what to look for
i have 15800 on my car now and i'm hoping the automatic doesnt break anytime soon
and is there anyway technically ford doesnt have to warrenty the transmission?
how much does it cost to get a transmission fixed?

·
Registered
867 Posts
damn all this talk is depressing
what do u mean you can feel it slipping like give me a example of what to look for
i have 15800 on my car now and i'm hoping the automatic doesnt break anytime soon
and is there anyway technically ford doesnt have to warrenty the transmission?
how much does it cost to get a transmission fixed?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The only way Ford can void the warranty on your tranny is if something you've done to the car, (i.e, some kind of aftermarket mod), can be directly linked to the failure of your tranny.

So, for example, if you get a AEM shorty intake, and your tranny goes, Ford has to prove that your intake was the cause of your tranny dying. So basically, if your worried about your tranny, avoid mods that are directly linked to your tranny, or have a direct effect on the way your tranny runs. Things like Intakes, udp, plug wires, diablo chips, spark plugs, etc., are acceptable. You shouldn't run into trouble until you start going to forced induction, or bigger pistons or something along those lines. But, engines aren't really my specialty, so I'm sure some of the other jetters can tell you specifically what to avoid.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Damn that sucks for all you guys. I had the same amount of mods like PGZx3 and I had just hit 21k miles and I traded my AUTOTRACIC in for an SVTF
. I did one NEUTRAL DROP but a fellow FJ member that was i racing in the track got mad at me. I use to down **** alot tough and my tranny had no problems. Maybe I was just lucky I loved my EVO 3 Auto Foci
. I think i'm going to cry.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I've been running strong on my auto for 12k miles... I think Ford took their time to build the S2's
However, I'm sick of mine and want an SVTF.
God damn automagics and their HP loss....

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I had a loaner foci while mine was in the shop, 02 sedan ZTS 1300 miles on the odometer and I put on only thirty before the auto tranny went boom. Since then they always make sure I get the only manual foci they got.
Poor Bastards

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
maybe just maybe i got one that ford decided to build correctly?? mine went out at 76k miles so that's not too bad compared to some of you
for the first 35k miles or so , i had a delivery job, so really it should have given way with all the abuse that i had given it? !...oh yeah if u are out of the warrenty ,plan on dishin out like 1400$$$
for a new one
sheesh! this car has been nuthing but problems from the beginnig!!!
but that's what u get 4 buying a ford

1 - 20 of 20 Posts