Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok when I'm driving I've noticed that when my tranny is shifting into 3rd gear, the revs raise about 1.5K then drop and I have power again. Is this my 3rd gear clutch going out? Mods are in my sig.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
that is a good sign your tranny is getting older.

Right now it's happening in all gears..

MTX swap. here I come.

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Shiva Chaos:
MTX swap. here I come.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">You and me both. I'm trying to compare swapping to a MTX or just getting an ATX kit.

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just realized that this might need to go in Team Tech.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
That's happening to my car too.

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Okay, I just wanna know...for all the people that have posted in this thread, what year is your car? I got a '00.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Originally posted by Shiva Chaos:
it means that your tranny's gonna dieeeeeeeee
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">...darn...then that means...another problem...the third problem for my car in less then a month...

[ 02-10-2003, 02:50 PM: Message edited by: Hi-Risk ]

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
44,300 miles

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
The problem with mine is that when I come to a dead stop and whether I am going straight,turning right or turning left, it hesitates and does not want to go. Once I press the gas pedal harder it lurches forward. Now if I do this, really hard, then my tires will spin and chirp. Ford has looked at this twice now and still can not find the problem. I have been told that(by someone else) it is either the torque converter ready to crap the bed or the tranny it's self.

2000 ATX

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
trany is going, get it flushed it you want to extend its life a bit

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
zetecinside - I've got the same problem at stops and turning. I hate it.

mike - i got it flushed at 37,000 miles.

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by zetecinside:
Jason: So what the hell do we do about this.

mike: Mine was done @ 33,000 miles ago
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">looks like we should start saving for a tranny kit or a mtx swap.

·
Registered
272 Posts
jason, sucks to hear it man, every shop that i have talked to, and people that i have talked to, says it would be cheaper to have your tranny built for lots of hp, in other words a kit for it. the manual might not cost you that much but labor is a bit**. i am wanting to get a kit for mine, i dont have any probs yet and i have a little over 47000 on mine(knock on wood)

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by jono#5:
jason, sucks to hear it man, every shop that i have talked to, and people that i have talked to, says it would be cheaper to have your tranny built for lots of hp, in other words a kit for it. the manual might not cost you that much but labor is a bit**. i am wanting to get a kit for mine, i dont have any probs yet and i have a little over 47000 on mine(knock on wood)
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">i'd do the install with my dads help. don't forget, i've got more mods though.
if you could have the same amount of power when you use ur nitrous, you'd start getting tranny problems too. you suck, let me have ur tranny!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts