Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered the SCT chip for my ATX with the aggressive shift option and it seems as if my shift points are the same as stock. I tried it on the stock program and then my modified one and it shifted from 1-2 at what seemed to be about 6300 rpm and the firmness also seemed to be the same.

Someone stated the FC 65mm TB could be getting in the way of this because it is known not to open up completely when you are supposedly at WOT. I read an SVT guy say he put his stock TB back on and the problem was fixed. Anyone else heard of that?

·
Registered
186 Posts
I haven't heard that but for what its worth, I have an FS/SCT chip with aggressive shifting and an ATX plus the FC 65mm TB and haven't had a single problem with the chip and the shifting improvement was instantly apparent the first time I took it out after installing the chip.

As far as diagnosing the problem, I'm not sure either, have you talked to the guys at FocusSport yet? That might be a start and see what they suggest.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured it out - it works great now. I noticed it way more when I changed my program to 92 octane once I got a 2nd full tank of 92 in there. The difference is like night and day with 92 octane over 87.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts