Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've been quasi seriously looking at cars. I was hooked on the 350z for a while and the s2000. But these cars are just slightly more than I was comfortable spending on a new car (the way I wanted them equiped). So I popped in the Audi dealership on friday and test drove a new A3. It was an amazing car. the 2.0T FSI engine is quick and responsive. Its a bit far off from what i was orignially looking at but the FSI 2.0 has gas milage equal to or greater than the focus. Also I would imagine the insurance would be much cheaper than a S2000 or a 350z. Anyone have any experience with these cars?

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I have yet to drive one, and I was one of the frontrunners to bring the A3 to the states. My biggest problem is that they are not offering quattro as an option of the 2.0TFSI and they will not be offering a manual tranny on the 3.2. So I can't get one configured the way in which I would want and therefore makes the Subaru Legacy GT a much better buy in terms of performance, quality, realibility, insurance costs and you don't look like a wannabe driving a fwd "intro" Audi.

Maybe my thoughts will change when I get to test drive one.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the DSG auto was simply amazing. I drove one of those too. Yeah that is one thing i'm disappointed in about the car is the lack of US options compared to the rest of the world. An S3 would be great

·
I can't stop typing...I can't stop typing...I can'
6,037 Posts
the DSG auto was simply amazing. I drove one of those too. Yeah that is one thing i'm disappointed in about the car is the lack of US options compared to the rest of the world. An S3 would be great
why dose this sound like a focus...

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
why dose this sound like a focus...
haha i know. A big reason for the lack of options is audi doesnt want to compete with itself IE the GTI, R32 and what not. So we'll probably never see a 2 door A3 / S3 because of that. Oh well it is an audi and comes with everything you get for owning an audi (service and warranty wise)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts