Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Does anyone think Porsche is scared?

600HP from a rear/mid mounted V10.

Pictures from AutoWeek:

Does anyone have information on the headlights?

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Uh.. why would Porsche be scared? Doesn't Volkswagen own Audi and also Porsche?

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Uh.. why would Porsche be scared? Doesn't Volkswagen own Audi and also Porsche?
No! VW does not own Porsche!

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Not quite, but I understand why you might think that.

Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG went public in April 1984.

The share capital of Porsche AG (EUR 45.50 million) is currently divided into 8,750,000 ordinary shares - which are held by the members of the Porsche and Piëch families - and 8,750,000 officially listed preference shares. The share categories are individual bearer shares to which a proportionate share of EUR 2.60 in the share capital is allocated.

Around 50% of the officially listed preference shares are held by institutional investors, who are predominantly domiciled in the USA, Germany and the United Kingdom. The other 50% of the preference shares are widely distributed among private investors in Germany, although the ordinary shareholders of Porsche AG also hold preference shares.
I believe in the 80's Audi/VW/Porsche had agreements to use common supliers, distributers, and other things, which is why in the 80's most Audi dealerships were combined with Porsche dealerships in the U.S.

and yes, VW does own Audi.

·
Registered
744 Posts

The share capital of Porsche AG (EUR 45.50 million) is currently divided into 8,750,000 ordinary shares - which are held by the members of the Porsche and Piëch families - and 8,750,000 officially listed preference shares. The share categories are individual bearer shares to which a proportionate share of EUR 2.60 in the share capital is allocated.

Around 50% of the officially listed preference shares are held by institutional investors, who are predominantly domiciled in the USA, Germany and the United Kingdom. The other 50% of the preference shares are widely distributed among private investors in Germany, although the ordinary shareholders of Porsche AG also hold preference shares.
I believe in the 80's Audi/VW/Porsche had agreements to use common supliers, distributers, and other things, which is why in the 80's most Audi dealerships were combined with Porsche dealerships in the U.S.

my bad, porsche is still independent, but does share the cayenne/toureg platform w/vw...

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Does anyone think Porsche is scared?

600HP from a rear/mid mounted V10.
I'm baffled as to why Audi bought Lamborghini if they're going to let their platform-mate out perform the Gallardo.

But then, I'm also baffled as to why VW is determined to become Audi.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts

my bad, porsche is still independent, but does share the cayenne/toureg platform w/vw...
VW "owns" Porsche, Piech is or was for a long long time the CEO of VW.

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
is that off the same chassis as the new bugatti? cuz proportions and the way the rear duct work is makes me think so.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Ah... now it begins to make sense...

From Autoweek:

Unlike the Lamborghini Gallardo-based Audi Le Mans concept shown last month in Frankfurt, the production Audi Le Mans quattro, if built, will have little or nothing in common with the V10-powered Lambo. Volkswagen chief Bernd Pischetsrieder says a road-going Le Mans would have far less power from a VW/Audi powerplant and a significantly lower price to avoid jeopardizing Gallardo sales. Pischetsrieder also says the company can't make a packaging and business case for the Nuvolari quattro concept, so that car will never be built.

·
Registered
674 Posts
VW "owns" Porsche, Piech is or was for a long long time the CEO of VW.
Ferdinand Piëch is the grandson of Ferry Porsche and now sits on the board of directors of VAG. While he does have influence at VW this does not imply ownership.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts