Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the deal here?
My dad asked me to look for some rims for his Audi A6 so I decided to look into their cars. I went on Ebay to see what is car is valued at and began to check out the S4s. What the crap?
250hp twin turbo going from anywhere from $8k to $15k? What is goin' on here? A twin turbo all wheel drive luxo-racer the same price as what a dealer would ask for my '01 ZX3? Are there issues about this car I should know about? I think I have dropped my next car dream of a 300zxtt, and decided on an S4. Here is an example of what I'm talking about.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AUDI-S4-M...1QQcmdZViewItem
Discuss please.........

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
they are ridiculously expensive to fix and they are not worth all that much because they are sort of "specialty" cars.

and any dealer asking $8K for an 01 ZX3 is on crack

·
Not so Photo Master
6,625 Posts
and the example you gave is US $10,100.00 (Reserve not met) and its 6 years old. It should go for more before the bidding is done. your car would go for maybe 5k (that might be stretching it)

but s4s are very cool

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Bla Audi, glorified VW's with WV problems. They are only nice to look at.

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
nick... you're an idiot.

anyway, yeah. those S4s you're looking at are problematic. they are INCREDIBLE cars, but when the turbos go... the engine has to actually be fully removed to replace them. as you can imagine... this is where people just wanna sell the car. the turbos aren't crappily made, as it would appear nick here will tell you. but turbos do go... and when they go on this car... it's huge.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts