Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my right front splitter...whats the best way to remove them? any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
i use turtle wax polishing compound. the white stuff that is pretty mild, little bit of rubbing by hand with a damp cloth and the polish takes em out easy, and is safe for the finish. might want to reapply wax in the area if you have waxed the car.

·
[dd] - Dentless Dave
8,742 Posts
yup...

hand-buff those suckers out. Really, just about any compound will work.

dentless dave!!

·
RECORD PROFITS
5,297 Posts
If my car is black, won't polishing compound scratch it?

·
[dd] - Dentless Dave
8,742 Posts
If my car is black, won't polishing compound scratch it?
if you apply too much pressure doing it by hand and using a paper towel....yes.....it will swirl the mess out of black....

If you use a DA polisher or a soft microfiber with veeeeeery little pressure to apply it, then no...you should be safe.

I use compound on black cars all the time.....it's all in how you apply it and what you're using.

If you still don't feel safe doing it, you can try some 3M adhesive remover, acetone, or clay. One of the 4 here will work for you.

dentless dave!!

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
screw it I just leave them there. I have too many overe the past 4 years.

·
Registered
719 Posts
GS27 will take the scuffs out and won't scratch it( it's a scratch remover), My dad and i own a repo company and when i detail the cars that we are going to sell i take scratches and scuffs out with it then wax over it, although the wax insn't really isn't needed doesn't leave a dull finish. It's good stuff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts