Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was wondering what the stock autos put down with the 2.3. i am looking to purchasing one probally tomorrow.

·
Official [FJ] Distinguished Advisor
19,806 Posts
A little bit less than the manuals...

I don't know the exact numbers. I do have an automatic 2.3, and it's still quick. A 5-speed will pull me through almost a hundred yards, then it's an even match.

At cruising apeeds, the convertor locks, so you not only get an increase in efficiency, but good throttle feel as well.

Something that may add to your involvement behind the wheel is to turn off Overdrive (button on shifter) and use the OD Off button to shift manually between 3rd (Drive) and fourth (Overdrive). I use it all the time to upshift and downshift between third and fourth.

The trans is electronically controlled; the ECU will not allow inappropriate and potentially harmful downshfts. So shift away...

·
I have wonderous butt cheeks
8,054 Posts
Here is a list from the last FS Dyno Day. Note somewhere around the middle, John Gottschall was running a bone stock 2003 2.3L Auto. The numbers are right there.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Not too shabby!

I sometimes wish I'd ordered a mtx, but the auto 2.3 is really pretty quick in spite of its torque converter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts