Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the new season is fixing to start and the biggest rule change is that now the tread wear is 200 instead of 140 where it used to be. What tires are going to be best in the lineup now in that tread category?

· Potato Camera Operator
9,486 Posts
I was very relieved to check Faken's site and see that the RT615K has a 200 A-A UTQG rating.

Here's the complete list of tires carried by Tire Rack that fit the bill in 205/50-15:
-BFGoodrich G-Force Rival
-Bridgestone Potenza RE-11A
-Dunlop Direzza ZII
-Dunlop Direzza ZII Star Spec

Discount Tire Direct adds the Nitto NT-05 to the roster.

· Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im looking for a tire that has a good consistency and wont get greasy at the end of the day. Ive been reading good about the rival and Z2 so I think one of those will be my final choice for this season.

· Registered
930 Posts
from what I've heard Rival S or Bridgstone RE71R are both good.

as far as the dunlops. based on their previous progression, the z2 *spec will be better than the z2. but i havent heard any feed back yet.
the hankooks have a lot of grip, but need heat. so if you race in a hot climate, they are good, but they suck in the cold/damp. toyos will overheat easily, but have huge grip until they do.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.