Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hats off to MichaelXi for a great--tight and challenging--course and to S2D2 and Ataru for organizing and running everything...and congrats to Aaron for kicking some butt on course. Can't wait to do it all again!

·
Resident Wheel-Whore
10,594 Posts
For my first time, I had a blast. I was pretty impressed with my times as well, with a semi stock ZX3, competeing agaist some SVT. I know I want to get more into autoxing now. Thanks alot guys!

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Yeah, I did it for the first time too. I had a freaking blast, but my car hates me now

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yes a very big thank you to all in charge of organizing the Auto-X. Great first time experience. Who's idea was that to have "fun runs"? I pushed my car even harder when it was just for fun. Too bad they weren't keeping track of times for that. Any possable way the Auto-X could be a 2-day event and have practice/"fun" runs before the official timed runs?

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
fun runs are a pretty common thing, time to swap cars and just let it hang out.

generally you don't do fun runs before any scored runs, that gives an unfair advantage.

after we decompress a bit we'll post the final autocross numbers!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Nice event, nice job workers. For some of those of you working heat 1, shame on you delaying the start.
Next year (hopefully) I reccomend getting an announcer.

·
Registered
316 Posts
The first heat was LONG.... so long that before the heat, I had the track memorized, I could draw it out by memory. After standing in that heat for that long , and getting to go in the second group... when I was at the starting line, I realized I didnt remember which way I wanted to enter the first cone on the optional slalom... and effectively forgot the rest of the track.

hehe But it was fun and it was a challenging course for sure!

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Excelent auto-x guys.

There were a few hickups the first 20-30 minutes (which must have seemed like 2 hours to anybody in the timing booth) but once we got rolling, things worked great.

The course was very interesting and challenging. I spent all my runs showing people how NOT to auto-x, how NOT to be able to put the power down, how a car on crappy tires doesn't stop(DAMN Stop Box), how to back-up after totally blowing a corner in order to not get a DNF, etc... But I had a blast doing it.

·
Small Car Czar
15,328 Posts
Nice event, nice job workers. For some of those of you working heat 1, shame on you delaying the start.
The first half of heat 1 did not have an announcer. The second have was done by Jason (Ataru) and heat 2 was covered by TonyD if I'm not mistaken.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
What were the final results for the auto-x? I just saw somewhere that I beat that Pontiac in the Other class. I never stuck around for the announcement. Do I get a prize?

·
Small Car Czar
15,328 Posts
I have a LOT of crap to sift through. I will however compile all the results, etc. and post them ASAP. We had 2 autocross trophies left. I know O class didn't get theirs, so once I located the winner I'll contact them about mailing it to them.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
I have a LOT of crap to sift through. I will however compile all the results, etc. and post them ASAP. We had 2 autocross trophies left. I know O class didn't get theirs, so once I located the winner I'll contact them about mailing it to them.

If the winner truly was the SRT-4 for the other clas than that was me. Send me a PM if it was me and Ill send you my address.
I left at 1 on Sunday, so I didnt hear the results. I was beat and needed to go home.

·
Resident Wheel-Whore
10,594 Posts
For the results, do you know if we had any penalies or not? My last run was a mid 59 secs. I was watching it on camera, and I saw that I hid a cone. Was wondering if that 59secs was deducted from a mid 57.??. If so not too bad for a stock suspension Focus for my first time...LOL

Can't wait for the results.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
The first half of heat 1 did not have an announcer. The second have was done by Jason (Ataru) and heat 2 was covered by TonyD if I'm not mistaken.
Sorry. I was only able to stay right up till the end of the first heat, I had to goto Minnesota that night. Otherwise I would have been out there showing the rookies what's up.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thanks to Ron, S2D2, Ataru and all the people who made the autocross a success. Autodude and myself had a great time. I didn't drive to my potential
but Autodude laid it down big time, and Auto-x-ZTS stood up too.
Mad Props on some fast driving to P51 directly from the Autodude... And to Schnack, hope to see you at the CenDiv coming up at Route66 in Joliet, IL. Hope you car is running right by then.

·
Registered
460 Posts
The Tire Rack track is a great place for autocross especially for amatures that don't do it too often. I can get lost on these parking lots with 200 cones to pick your way thru. Great place to set up for autocross. I took home a set of the new Khumos from the Tire Rack too.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts