Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone autocrossing with the Intrax SVT springs? They are on the stiffer side, 225-275F/275-325R but not quite as hard as, say, H&R Race springs. My gut feeling is these should work pretty nicely, but I would like to hear from those who have real-world experience with them. THX.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I have progress springs on my car right now 170/142 lbs respectively....these are way to soft, for advanced autocross duty.

I am getting my KONIs re-valved this off season. I will probably have them revalved for somewhere in the 400-500 lb spring rate range.

The H & Rs are around 300/ 340 lbs. (can't specifically remember)

....I have started looking for these kinds of spring rates.....obiviously these are too aggressive for street use, I don't plan on driving on the street for much longer.

does anyone have any suggestions on where to start looking....Koni suggested to go to a coilover setup ($$$)... the cheap route of course is KONIs/Groundcontols/Race Springs

·
Registered
537 Posts
Slickshoes Auto-x the intrax extensively.. but on an SVT
which of course is a bit heavier. drop him a PM

Actually if it hadnt been destroyed in the forum snafu, there was a review by him and also my ZXmurph who drove his car about how they did

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Id say the weight difference is negligible when you count variances in Driver weight and Fuel-Load.
Sure, it's there, but Handling Characteristics should remain pretty true.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Id say the weight difference is negligible when you count variances in Driver weight and Fuel-Load.
Sure, it's there, but Handling Characteristics should remain pretty true.
...just because I come in ay a svelte 225 pounds of twisted steel and sex appeal. Well, ok, lets just call it 225 pounds

·
Registered
537 Posts
The springs are quite good
Like I said Slickshoes ran them a lot. I ran them at Willowsprings and Streets of Willow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts