Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Just had to order Spark Plugs and supposedly Aotolite changed the number of the app5344 to app5364. The parts store could not tell me the difference between them. And it has nothing to do with the heat range. Even numbers are resistor plugs and odds are non-resistor. so that didn't change. Has anyone gotten the new plugs yet and is there a difference?

·
Registered
212 Posts
But thats what I've been using for the last 50,000 miles.

·
Senior TEAM Member
4,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Go to the parts place or your old Spk. plugs and match them up to the APP5344 and you will see what im talking about

tom

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Originally posted by 1turbofocus:
The APP5344 are to short and wont work properly in the ZETEC

tom
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Pardon my skepticism, but I've also got a lot of mileage on my car with these plugs and have no problems. What experiences have you had that lead you to this conclusion? Not arguing, just trying to use your knowledge and experience for my gain.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Originally posted by 1turbofocus:
The APP5344 are to short and wont work properly in the ZETEC

tom
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">just installed autolite double platinum plugs (app5344) and they run just fine so far

app5344 on the left...stock plug on the right

too short

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Are these Autolites standard replacement for the OEM part - ie the same heat range?

I think there may be confusion because some jetters were using the (IIRC) 5334, which I believe was one heat range colder, but a 3/4" reach, instead of 1". Last time I checked with Autolite, they still did not make a colder plug of the proper reach. If this is the standard plug, it would make sense it is the correct reach.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Just Installed the new plugs (app5364) and they are about a quarter of an inch longer and threaded all the way up. Car runs fine, no problems.
Thank you all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts