Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That is ridiculous! You can only get a 6 speed manual if you get the IS 250, same with AWD.

Who decides these things??

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
they've been talking to mercedes too much?

·
Registered
7,109 Posts
probably because the transmissions are too weak. They are probably learning this from the Suby people as well as the evo people. Can't have a 40k car breaking their transmission because people are too stupid to know how to drive their cars.
-bix

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
The manual will probably be available in the future, just as they waited a year on the IS300.

check out www.my.is for tons of info!
second that...that's Lexus's style, seems to be the same with a lot of car makers. Stick shift is the new option, not autos anymore

its all good as long as they offer it...and they will, it is way to big of a market not to...why do u think the big maufacturer's of "enthusiast vehicles" never take the stick shift out of their lineup..just less 'average vehicles' with the option of it

they will...check the sales when they offered the stick in the 300

-chris

·
Registered
233 Posts
why do u think the big maufacturer's of "enthusiast vehicles" never take the stick shift out of their lineup..just less 'average vehicles' with the option of it
i remember when the is3oo came out the manual trans were delayed, and the sportcross wagon was never released with anything other than auto trans. hopefully they learned from that, altho i think not releasing the turbo 4 was a disappointment in and of itself.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
probably because the transmissions are too weak.
Im not sure if its the same transmission as the IS300 , but the IS300's automatic transmission could handle over 500 hp stock(i think). The auto tranny was stronger than the manual.

All im saying is i doubt they arent offering a manual right away because a weak tranny. They are definetly letting people who just want the new model buy up the Autos, and then they will bring out the manuals.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Maybe Lexus is trying to follow the Mercades/AMG route. Give everything else a manual tranny but the top car only comes in automatics.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts