Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i am new to this forum and new to building cars in general. so i have a quick question i read on a older post on this website that in 2006 the fswerks turbo kit wouldnt work well with automatics i was wondering if that has changed now that it is 2011. and if this hasn't changed what mods will i have to do to the trans-axle. thanks

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I think it still stands but I would direct you towards Randy at FSWerks.

·
Registered
365 Posts
there are plenty of automatic turbo'd foci. they will hold up to about 300 iirc. after that you will need to talk to lentech about building the tranny.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
thanks because if this still stand my dreams of a turbo focus will be crushed.
Im sure you can still use the kit but you will have to mod it to make it fit right.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
No mods. Just bolt right up stock auto trans can handle 10 lbs. Any more for extended time it'll start to slip. I put down 233 and 258 tq on 11 lbs with the stock atx you deff can't get 300 out of the stock atx. Any more then 275 tq I would deff say upgrade the trans
Check out my thread
http://forums.focaljet.com/team-rigz/632299-09-k-sally.html

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys! this really cleared up all my issues. but i am also looking at changing the clutch for the purpose of no slip is that a good idea?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Check out lentech automatics. They have a torque converter valve body and clutch packs u can buy as an upgrade. Weakest spot of atx is tq converter. Then valve body. Then clutchpacks. Lentech told me. Tq converter and valve body will keep you safe up to 300

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
It's what we are here for.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts