Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
I have wonderous butt cheeks
8,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And it just so happens to be the weekend both DJ and I are moving. But if anyone wants to go Thursday or Friday the 15th or 16th, let me know. Good times.

·
Registered
5,176 Posts
Definatly hit the weekdays if you can. I went friday two weeks ago.

I drove everything but the Aveo...(the one they had was overheating by the time I got around to it.)

Normally you have to pick the CTS-V or Vette, but there were so few people they let us drive both.

·
8,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, you bastard, you got to drive both!!! We only got to drive one of them last year. But we went on a Saturday and it was pretty much hell. Do they have any Audis or Mustangs this year?

·
Ho, ho, ho... Green Giant
4,287 Posts
what is this? got a link?

Mike

·
8,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
4,287 Posts
oh, hell yes! i'm practially shaking right now! they gotta GOAT!

and, to make life even sweeter, I HAVE THAT FRIDAY OFF!

someone HAS to go with me and take pics. i'm gonna be grinning from ear to ear.

giggity giggity giggity!

Mike

·
4,287 Posts
I'm signing up for Friday at the earliest time slot available. I plan on being there just about all day (or at least til I've had my fill)

Mike

·
I'm the 'intellectual' here
4,225 Posts

giggity giggity giggity!

Mike
I'll go with you...I have some free time available...that is if you don't mind hanging around with a "Little Person."

·
4,287 Posts

giggity giggity giggity!

Mike
I'll go with you...I have some free time available...that is if you don't mind hanging around with a "Little Person."
sure! only if you don't mind that i'm gonna be like a kid going to disneyland for the first time!

man, i can't wait!

Mike

·
I'm the 'intellectual' here
4,225 Posts

giggity giggity giggity!

Mike
sure! only if you don't mind that i'm gonna be like a kid going to disneyland for the first time!

man, i can't wait!

Mike
I'll be the same way...only I will actually look like a kid!
Do you know if most of the cars have ATX or MTX? Or is it a mix of both?

·
4,287 Posts

giggity giggity giggity!

Mike

man, i can't wait!

Mike
I'll be the same way...only I will actually look like a kid!
Do you know if most of the cars have ATX or MTX? Or is it a mix of both?
according to my boss who's a HUGE GM nut and went 2 years back, they have a mix. he said they had 2 C5 vettes, one AT and one MT. you got one run in the Vette and you had to choose. he said the Vette was one of the only cars (the other being the Hummer) that they required a ride along, and you weren't allowed out of 2nd gear. of course, he still got it up to 95

Mike

·
8,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You get to choose whether you drive an auto or stick in every car and can drive every car multiple times, except for the Hummer, and the vette/cadi (you only get to choose one unless you're special.) And you get a free lunch. Time slots don't matter Mike, it's an all day affair. You show up whenever you want, watch a video, sign a release, and have at it. And yes they have the GTO. I put it sideways through the slalom last year.

·
4,287 Posts
You get to choose whether you drive an auto or stick in every car and can drive every car multiple times, except for the Hummer, and the vette/cadi (you only get to choose one unless you're special.) And you get a free lunch. Time slots don't matter Mike, it's an all day affair. You show up whenever you want, watch a video, sign a release, and have at it. And yes they have the GTO. I put it sideways through the slalom last year.
well, i signed up just in case.

i plan on being there just about all day flogging that damn GTO!

i swear i feel like a kid waiting for Xmas now!

Mike

·
That one was just me not paying attention....and s
7,509 Posts
Hey Big Mike, I think I am going to take a day of leave for this event...I registered for friday at 10 am, just incase....Im pretty sure that I can get a day off for this...it should be a good time, that way you can hang out with a normal sized (yet still smaller than you) guy

·
8,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
WTF, everyone is coming to hang out with Mike, and I'm the one that asked who was going. Who in the heff is going to be hanging out with me? <font color="blue">e-</font>tears.

·
4,287 Posts
WTF, everyone is coming to hang out with Mike, and I'm the one that asked who was going. Who in the heff is going to be hanging out with me? <font color="blue">e-</font>tears.
we don't wanna hang out with you bc you're too prone to get upset and start up with the e-tears
!

OK, y'all have to promise that you WON'T let me go and buy a GTO right afterwards, bc i KNOW i'm gonna want to!

Mike

·
That one was just me not paying attention....and s
7,509 Posts
hey mike.....BUY A GTO AFTER THE AUTOSHOW in MOTION....Ryan, what day are you going?

·
8,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
PMd ya.

·
Registered
5,176 Posts
Y'all let me know how you like the GTO. The one I drove had the vaguest steering feel. The Buick LaCrosse felt better. It could have just been the one I drove, but when I got home the autoweek folks described the same numb feeling.

I loved everything else about it...

BTW CTS-V's [censored] rule!!!

As a street car it's just a fast as the vette. I'm sure on a track the vette's true sports car chassis would be better, but getting on the freeway it'd never shake the CTS-V.

·
4,287 Posts
Y'all let me know how you like the GTO. The one I drove had the vaguest steering feel. The Buick LaCrosse felt better. It could have just been the one I drove, but when I got home the autoweek folks described the same numb feeling.

I loved everything else about it...

BTW CTS-V's [censored] rule!!!

As a street car it's just a fast as the vette. I'm sure on a track the vette's true sports car chassis would be better, but getting on the freeway it'd never shake the CTS-V.
yeah, that is one complaint i keep hearing about the car in regards to its performance, but i still think it's the car for me. big enough i can fit in (and i mean REALLY fit in, not sorta fit in like the focus), plus it's super-clean looking and probably one of the best GM interiors i've ever seen!

the CTS-V will be my "mid-life crisis" car 20 years from now

Mike

1 - 20 of 47 Posts