Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my car back from ford today and on the way home I heard when my car was shifting from second to drive I heard a kinda squeeking sound, I hear it only when going from 2nd to drive, I hear the same sound when shifting manually also. Anyone know what this could be?

thanks,

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
cmon anyone

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
mayby you are going to fast and chirping the tires?
actualy i doubt that. but give us some more details

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i hear the sound when coming from a dead stop, not punching the gas either, just driving at a regular pace and letting the car shift itself around 2-3000 somewhere around there. I hear it when i shift it manually at the same rpms also, I dont hear it when i get the rpms up to 5 or so, possibly b/c of my exhaust. what else would help in figuring it out?

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
could be your tranny dyyyyyyyyyiiiiiinnnnnnnnnggggggg!!!

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
That would be your 3rd gear clutches going bad my friend

it starts off as a chirp as 3rd gear engages...

then the 2nd gear will disengage and the revs will surge upwards before 3rd gear engages...

then before you know it... you have no 3rd gear

if you are still under warranty, the dealership should replace your clutches for you. That is an extremely common issue w/ the focus ATX tranny

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
That would be your 3rd gear clutches going bad my friend

it starts off as a chirp as 3rd gear engages...

then the 2nd gear will disengage and the revs will surge upwards before 3rd gear engages...

then before you know it... you have no 3rd gear

if you are still under warranty, the dealership should replace your clutches for you. That is an extremely common issue w/ the focus ATX tranny
Yep and my car is doing that! It's way more noticable now! And I have no warranty!!!!! Time to get rid of car.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have the esp warranty, would this be covered under it. If it is my tranny, my mods shouldnt cause any probs, I talked to the service advisor i usually go to and he said they wouldnt give me any crap over them. how much longer do i have until the car is no longer drivable? guesstimate

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
i have the esp warranty, would this be covered under it. If it is my tranny, my mods shouldnt cause any probs, I talked to the service advisor i usually go to and he said they wouldnt give me any crap over them. how much longer do i have until the car is no longer drivable? guesstimate
Your race header. That voids warranty/law/etc.

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
abso-freakin-lutely not

magnusson moss warranty law
don't even TRY to let them tell you that your warranty doesn't apply. They'd have hte burden of proving the header caused the malfunciton.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thats what im thinkin, how deos a race header make my tranny go out, not like im makin huge power from any of my mods. All I've done is make the airflow better.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts