Ford Focus Forum banner

AutoX inspection q's?

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  FocusNRB2 
#1 ·
OK, so I have the SCCA Solo rule book, and the class I'll be competing in is Street Modified. Since I have a CAI.

Will they actually open my hood and check under the car to make sure that's the only mod?

Can't they take my word for the mod? If that's the case what prevents me from telling them its stock - don't think I'll be competitive in SM, and I'd like to at least place in my class.

Also, the way I read the rules I can only run larger wheels and tires in the highest class.

#2 ·
Tech inspection at SCCA events is for safety only. Correct classing of your vehicle is your responsibility. They will open the hood, though, to make sure you have brake fluid, your battery is clamped down, proper throttle return, no fluid leaks, etc . Assuming your car is a Focus, if your only mod is a CAI, STF (street tire front wheel drive) might be a better class for you.

#5 ·
Yeah, I'm going to an event in Toledo this month - as a spectator only, since my MKI sedan is currently in Florida. I hope to see other FoFo's there, and talk to their owners/drivers.

I have no doubt that the local chapter (northwest Ohio) is as you say - friendly helpful people. Might also check out the northeast Ohio region. I grew up in the back of a Sunbeam Tiger MKI (260 V8) going to races all in and around Ohio. Dad had a lot of race friends, and they were good folk. Lived in Cleveland before, want to move back.

Currently I'm living on Kelleys Island Ohio, which is about halfway between Toledo and Cleveland.

Should update my location in my profile...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.