Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did autozone stop doing CEL checks?? i stopped at both autozones in town and they both told me that they no longer are allowed to do them... they said something about a lawsuit and that we have to use the shops to check the CEL. whats up with that? i keep reading about people still using autozone... so are the stores in this town stupid or is it maybe just a california law??

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I do not know if it has changed or not. I had them check the CEL on my wife's car about 4 months ago. So they could have changed not sure though.

Update: I just called the Autozone here in Somersworth New Hampshire and yes they still can do the CEL Check. So it could be just California.

[ 05-26-2003, 08:51 AM: Message edited by: zetecinside ]

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
They still do CEL checks here in central Ohio. Must be just Cali.

BTW Have you noticed how AZ has turned into the Wal-Mart of parts stores?? Stickers,candy, pop, toys, neons, APC crap...all that kind of stuff.

·
Ho, ho, ho... Green Giant
4,287 Posts
they're all doing that. i work at Kragen (aka Schucks or Checker depending on where you live), and all the employees call it Kragen-mart now. We sell: scooters, watches, power tools, APC, generators, pressure washeres, compressors, canopies, and in some stores even cell phones!!! Come on! If we spent half that money upgrading our system or selling some of those hard-to-find parts, we could finally be taken seriously as a legitimate parts store.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts