Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need new tires soon and these are two I've been looking at (size 205 50 16) Can anyone recommend one over the other? I'm also open to other suggestions, I just saw that Tirerack has a sweet deal on P-ZERO Neros!

·
Tarderatoraka: Red-SE-00'
7,592 Posts
I have the Falken GR-Beta FK-451s on my stockers right now. I love them to death. Quiet tire, grippy in any weather, good wear, and what can I say...AWESOME!!!

But when its time again for new rubber...imma try the ES100s to see how they are.

Nothing against Falkens...hell...I bought these to see how they are when I was getting down to threads on my Kumho 712s!!

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
For ALl-Season High performance in the Stock 16" size, don't forget the Falken ZEIX 512's.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input! I'm currently running Falken ZEIX 502's (I believe the 512's replaced these in the Falken line) I want to try a summer tire as opposed to all season as I can use my 15" stockers for dedicated snow tires.

Anyone else have a preference?

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
That works too.

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
My ES100s aren't loud.. about the same as the stock firestones so far.

My only complaint is that I have one that is out of round and won't balance... I've had two shops try to balance it, but no luck.

Anybody know anything about the Tire Rack's warranty? Will they cover this? I'll have to give them a ring...

·
Registered
263 Posts
Yes if the tire is out of round, that is covered by Yokohama's warranty which we would apply, call our customer service 888 541 1777 Ext 360.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I have had both the Ziex 512's and the avs es100's. I dont think I will buy another !!street!! tire besides the es100's. I love them. The 512's wore out pretty fast for the type of driving i did on them and werent "that" great in the wet. The es's rock in wet...speaking of which its raining now. I think i will go have some fun.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts