Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Devil's Advocate. Just to cheese you off.
6,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
quite possibly the first turbo'd P5 in the states. Plenty of turbo Protege's, a few turbo MP3's, but we think this is a first for the P5:

Check it out on kccompacts.com

·
Registered
317 Posts
Yes. Trav is doing good with it. He is also moving along quicker than what I thought he would be. It's as if yesterday he said he wanted one and BAM! He got it!

I'm so jealous

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
I went to this classic hotrod autoshow two weeks ago, and in the parking lot there was this guy trying to sell a Red P5 magazine project car that he'd won.

It was done up by Mazda Canada for a feature in "Canadian Wheels" magazine, and then they gave it away. This guy won it, but it wasn't really his bag.

So he's trying to sell it, and he had all these magazines showing the build up. I started reading, and it was funny I was thinking "Damn, these articles are not flattering, they aren't helping sell the car at all!"

The articles were talking about how the car was a total clusterfark. It had a big Stoptech brake kit on, but somebody screwed up the piston sizing, and it resulted in a really long pedal.

They had some racing coilover kit, which they said was way too harsh to drive every day, yet was actually slower on track than when they ran with stock dampers with lowering springs.

The best part though was the Turbo kit. I think it was from Bell Engineering. It cost like $5000, and only took them to a WHOPPING 140whp.

I love P5's... but man, the aftermarket for them doesn't look good.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
There was a turbocharged P5 at the San Antonio auto show last year. It was metallic blue in color and had a bunch of other stuff done to it, it was stickered up F&F style but looked pretty cool, they even polished the turbo up.

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
buildups like that (the one ax0n posted) makes me wish i had enough $$ to go FI.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Noah. ya sorry Travis isnt the first turbo protege 5. there are quite a few running around on www.protege5.com but travis should be the first turbo AUTOMATIC protege 5. i know he is the first on all the protege boards so he has a chance to be the first AUTOMATIC in P5 in the country.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I love P5's... but man, the aftermarket for them doesn't look good.
And it's not going to get any better. Only made for two years and the whole Protege line changing to the 3. The future looks dim. And I'm getting ready to get one.

On a good note Magnaflow just came out for a full catback system for the P5.

·
Registered
418 Posts
the aftermarket for the proteges is fine. four or five turbo kits. The hiboost kit (the one on the yellow p5 above) is $4,000 and comes with a pre programmed haltech for fuel management, and puts down 210 at the wheels. plenty of intake and exhaust options (borla, jic, hks, magnaflow, team moon) and plenty of spring and full coil over options. three big brake kits. ya its not HUGE but there are plenty of parts out there.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
my buddy had a turbo on his 'ege. pushin over 200whp on the dyno no prob (playin it conservative, daily driver). however he sold the turbo, then the car....went and got a ram diesel...already did 14.9 in 2wd mode stock lol

-Ult

·
Registered
943 Posts
I guess I'm just used to the Focus aftermarket. So much is out there for such a young car. True there is quite a few options for the Protege/P5, just not as much. A few big things missing are a supercharger and a different choices for matched spring/damper sets w/o going coilover.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts