Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alrighty... I'm trying to help a friend of mine with his choice of coilovers. Obviously we're a huge fan of the H&R's but they are 2 months out at any place that sells them for a decent price. And while looking for places who have the H&R's in stock I started wondering about some of the lesser known kits out there, namely the B+G. It looks to be a really quality setup. Anyone know about these guys? Heard anything? They do have a lifetime warranty, well Only Tein and Spax don't offer some type of lifetime warranty (I have no idea about Leda though).

This is what I've gathered on each kit so far:

B+G
[*] Lifetime Warranty (Limited??)
[*] 224/112 Front -- 224/112 Rear (224-upper spring/124-Helper Spring)

H&R:
[*] Lifetime Warranty (Limited ??)
[*] 390-450(progressive) lb/in Front -- 290 lb/in Rear

KW Suspensions:
[*] Lifetime Warranty (Limited)
[*] 333 lb/in Front -- Progressive Rear (dunno the actual specs)

FK -
[*] Lifetime Warranty (Limited)
[*] 400(Linear)lbs/in Front -- ??? Rear (Definately Softer)

Tein
[*] 3 Year Warranty
[*] 392 lb/in Front -- 392 lb/in Rear

Leda
[*] Warranty?
[*]F: 460 lb/in Front -- 380 lb/in Rear

Spax:
[*] 2 Year Warranty
[*] ??????

Bilstein:
[*] ??????
[*] ??????

Anyone have any

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Funny... The H&R literature says a warranty of 12 months. I even called, and that is what the customer rep said.

Where do you get this 'Life Time Warranty' business??

·
Registered
786 Posts
Can't comment on a coilover kit from them, but I am running a set of thier springs, and they are not too bad. Car seems to ride firmer than a friend who has progress springs.

Where did you find coilovers from them?

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Funny... The H&R literature says a warranty of 12 months. I even called, and that is what the customer rep said.

Where do you get this 'Life Time Warranty' business??
From the Focus Sport Website where I bought them:

In addition to state-of-the-art inverted damper technology and adjustable ride height, PCS Coil Overs feature an external adjustment knob that allows the user to simultaneously adjust rebound and compression. Nose-diving under hard breaking is virtually eliminated, which effectively reduces braking distance. And unlike traditional twin-tube shock absorbers, H&R's mono-tube gas shock absorbers eliminate foaming of the damper oil, even under extreme conditions.

Both systems backed by a LIFETIME warranty on all components.
[edit]Arskiker, you are right thought. The H&R warranty paper says 12months. But FocusSport gives a lifetime warranty. So dunno..

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
If I was in this position, I'd probably get on the waiting list for the H&R's immediately, and in the meantime keep an eye on Jay's Koni/GC setup. Maybe I'm loosing my adventurous side, but I probably wouldn't stray to far from the known good stuff, especially since this is going to be for a serious track car. Otherwise, you might pull something like I did and experiment with a few setups, only to end up back with the H&R's. Not a bad thing, but does cost more in the long run.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Well remember that you dont have to run as aggressive a setup as me. I know you can get springs for the H&R's but I don't know how difficult that is.

I know Kee wants to have this by Sept 26th and I also know people are going to be leery about my setup until its proven in action :p Heck I'm leery but I trust Louis

·
Registered
749 Posts
I am very intrested in trying the B&G coilovers but I want to know the spring rates. They look like they are really good quality. Help anyone, ill make it worth you while

Kee

1 - 8 of 8 Posts