Ford Focus Forum banner

Back at the RS Corral!!

63K views 390 replies 54 participants last post by  bringler26 
#1 · (Edited)
Someone told me I should start a thread of my RS's. Where to start?? Most or at least some of yall have seen my FRS replica in the RS build thread, should have started my own build thread, but was so busy with the build (10months) that most of my pics went on here http://forums.focaljet.com/euro-rs-conversion/599974-focus-rs-conversion-discussion.html starting on page 8, mid Sept 09

I had planned on using my S/C 04 SVT w/EAP with 50k, to convert, but had a friend suggest he purchase it from me and I invest in a beater being the SVT was to nice to be raped for this project. Deal was set in motion but was in a accident a week before he was to buy in Dec 09. After settling with insurance on payback I bought the salvage back for $800. Bought this 02 for $1200, all plain Jane, slapped my wheels and shocks on it to drive till I bought another daily driver, a Sonic Blue 04 SVT w/EAP in Feb '10.

So now I've got the donor car and a fully striped SVT

After 10 months and some sweat and emptying my wallet it now looks like this (since finished in Jan '11)

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
Re: Back at the RS Coral!!

The other RS is my '89 XR converting(always in progress) Sierra RS Cosworth. To start I've had one 85 XR brand new in '85, lost in a divorce in '88. Then in '93 bought a '89 XR for my girl friend(soon to be second wife).
She wanted a truck instead so after my '89 Saleen was stolen(found a week later-just the shell) I got her in a truck and took the '89 XR. Since I've had it I've overhauled the engine with Wiseco pistons, T3/4 turbo, custom inter cooler, big valve head, hefty roller cam, tube header, "3 exhaust with custom center outlet, rear disc to replace drums, Recaro's, Euro grill, head lights, RS front bumper (was sitting in dry storage for 24years), RS steering wheel, RS hood louvers, RS grill, RS rear wings, RS sway bars, Eibach springs, Koni Yellow, converted the C3 auto drive line to A4LD with medium stall converter.

#7 · (Edited)

Here's some of the engine I'm building to swap out with the S/C SVT engine

This one shows why I'm getting the RS A/C bracket and compressor, the down pipe is to close for the USA market for line to attach

I've got to get the compressor here which I have bought from Dhyllan

and bracket

The bracket is upside down in the pic with compressor

#14 ·

I was asked once my WRCwannabe about installing the YB in the RS Focus I was building...............I gave it alot of thought.
First I'd just had the RS shell repainted, and I had to much invested in the FRS clone,,,,,,waaaayyyyy toooo much...22k before paint work
Second I'd need another XR4Ti to get the floor pan from, not going to cut up my '89, too nice
but I do think alot about it
Are you doing a RWD YB or a AWD TB?

#18 · (Edited)

Here it has the stock steering wheel, bottom has the Sierra Cosworth wheel added last year

Bought a 4speed shifter from UK out of a Ford Granada( Scorpio here) you'll see the gear indicators are on the passenger side of shifter
Here I have a early speedo that from a 85 model till I install the Cossie unit that reads up to 170mph with higher tach redline for the YB and no boost gauge

#26 · (Edited)

Yes Ataru, I was droping a lip the other night on that one, cream of a car, ideal car but that one I'd put the driveline out of my 89 and use my floor pan, but alass the FRS is finished, shy of the engine to replace this one now

Here we have the SVT with RS 5speed

#28 · (Edited)

This showing the RS shifter and cables, set up is different than our ZX3 and SVT

Yes I've got a RS console but very undecided about giving up cup holders, gotta wet the whistle while I work

This pic was taken before boost got put in instrument bezel
you'll see here the Euro headlight switch with height adjust, hope to wire that up this year,
knee booster replaced with pocket shelf, not in the pic is the Euro climate control panel, clock and bezel on the way

#29 ·

I am so aroused.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.