Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how hard is it to convert ZTS or SVT rear disc brakes onto my ZX3 hatchback? I know that Focus Tuning did this conversion before but I have yet to see anyone diagram or give instruction on how to do this. If anyone has answers I would like to hear them. Thanks!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hitokiri,
Both setups you mention are bolt-on affairs, but the SVT will require the fronts also, or the rears will be bigger than the stock fronts. Here's a thread I started w/ some pics. http://www.focaljet.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB4&Number=714100&Forum=UBB4&Words=score%21&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=1year&Main=714100&Search=true#Post714100
These are now on the car- easy boltup, only problem I had was with the rear braided lines- they are different than the drum lines, so I had to get some made. Basically the same as the front braided lines, plus 3 inches. I haven't switched the e-brake cables yet- need to pull off the heat shields. Took almost 2 years of searching to find these- new parts were RIDICULOUS price-wise. Good luck!!! PM me w/ any Q's!!

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks alot tc0332! If it isn't a problem though you should put up a step by step guide or diagram on how to do the conversion...I know it's a big project in senses but I think it'll be great info for many Foci tuners!
PEACE

1 - 3 of 3 Posts