Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Back from the dead, rwd turbo duratec build

Havent been on here in a few years. My car has been parked for those few years other then the occasional glory burn outs around the block. It's last Dyno was 406whp and was still on the base tune. Here is a list of mods it has or had when I parked it.

Duratec 2.3
9.5:1 super tech pistons
Eagle rods
Gt3071r .63 ar turbo
Crane stage 1 cams/valve springs
Hks intercooler
Msd dis 4 ignition/2 step
Custom turbo manifold
Cosworth intake manifold
750cc rc injectors
Tuned by randy

Transmission
4.06 final drive
Torsen lsd
Exedy clutch/flywheel

Here is what I have so far for the new rwd build.

T5 wc transmission fox body with bell housing adapter
Using focus pressure plate/flywheel with a disc from an svo 2.3 fox body mustang
Hydraulic slave cylinder conversion for the t5
Manual front mounted steering rack from a fox body mustang

Plans for the rest is a cobra irs rear end, fuel cell, focus coil overs.

Here is what she looks after collecting dust for 4 years....

Here is where I am at now.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Nice!!

·
FJ Premier Sponsor
12,444 Posts
Very cool! Can't wait to see progress pics!

-Steve

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got a slave cylinder from a t5 hydraulic conversion kit. It has adjustment but not enough. I will have to find a spacer to push it out a 1/2". The svo mustang disk will work. Had to shim the focus pressure plate out a little because the svo disk was a tad thicker then the exedy disk.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol, the bell housing I'm using isn't cut for a clutch fork. Just found out the v8 t5 I have has a bigger I put shaft and doesn't fit the focus pilot bearing. Luckily the company I ordered it from is a couple hours away and they have the 2.3 t5. The 2.3 t5 gearing is also more 4 cylinder friendly.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No going back now.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hrmm I know the 4cyl gearing is pretty tall, with a turbo you'd almost never need 1st gear.
I only got use out of 4th and 5th with turbo fwd.... hehe

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Aw man, every properly cool Focuses demise. A RWD conversion.

Hope it gets done and sorted, would like to see it. But, it was so good before I wouldn't have messed with it. I always wondered what happened to you/it.

If it was running fine, why not drive it and enjoy it the past few years?

- Drew

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It was fun for a while. 80mph burn outs make it kind of useless on the street though. Was working out of town at the time and just kind of lost interest. Never had any problems with it though. i will finish it. Won't let it die lol

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
is that a quad4rod bellhousing?
Yes it is. It needs the 2.3 fox body t5 transmission. Uses the focus pressure plate/ flywheel with the 2.3 fox body disc. The exedy focus clutch uses a 9" disk. Took me a while of searching but found a couple different brands. Ended up using a center force 6 puck. It was a tad thicker so I shimmed the pressure plate.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks like I will have to do an oil filter relocation to make room for the steering rack. Will also be using a ranger oil pan with possibly some modification. It might hang down lower then I want.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Welding is a bit rusty but getting the feel for it again.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts