Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
back pressure!? here\'s the code

Hey, sorry i didn't have the code before
!! Today I went to ford AGAIN and they told me that MAYBE, i need to get a bigger exhaust even though the person that previously ownded all this (i got everythin he had, no variations) didn't have this problem...
they also told me that they still dunno how to fix it, they know the problem, i mean, what the computer says, but not why it reads this problem or how to fix it
...anyways, the code is
P1405
Hope someone can help me cuz i went to like, 3 different fords and NONE could help me

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Re: back pressure!? here\'s the code

I've been begging for stickies ever since we upgraded

P1405 - DPF EGR Sensor Upstream Hose Off or Plugged While driving, the EGR monitor commands the EGR valve closed and checks the differential pressure across the EGR orifice. The test fails when the signal from the DPF EGR sensor indicates EGR flow is in the negative direction. Upstream hose is disconnected
Upstream hose is plugged (ice)
Plugged or damaged EGR tube
Look for signs of water or icing in hose
Verify hose connection and routing (no excessive dips)
Verify DPF EGR sensor proper mounting and function (view DPF EGR PID while applying and releasing vacuum directly to sensor with a hand pump)
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: back pressure!? here\'s the code

Thanx but, Ford has been tellin me this in weeks, but they don't know how to take care of it, cuz they already changed both the egr sensor and the O2 sensor... so this doesn't really help
so now i will just change the DPFE sensor and hope that will do it...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts