Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
Surprised we hasn't black flagged from the race.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
I'm surprised they didn't Black Flag him too.
That was REALLY funny though.
I'm tempted to count how many times he said that one simple phrase....

·
Look under the curve... UNDER THE CURVE!
3,134 Posts
haha, that was hilarious, albeit a little dangerous! There were a ton of cars on track, though. Holy crap!

·
Official [FJ] Distinguished Advisor
19,806 Posts
Wow. When he started passing on the pace lap, I became more tense than I was while watching War of the Worlds...

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
LOL That is teh funnay! how does anyone get away with not being black flagged for that?

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Dude, what a moron.

That reminded me of some dumb noobie kid at the dragstrip driving a ricer Neon that decided he didn't want to wait in line behind everyone else. So he drives around all the cars and scooches in behind the cars at the staging line break (there are 6 lanes that that go in a big U then a break in the lanes where an official guides you into one of the staging lanes.) The official must have thought he was trying to leave (you can drive around the lanes and through the break to leave) and let him pass only to watch him pull into the staging lanes. He made his run (I still don't know why the official didn't toss him) and tried to pull the same crap when he got back. One of the ProStreet guys in line jerked his car out of line to cut him off and layed into the guy. The guy tried to get ignorant and scream back when half the cars emptied right there to tell him to knock the crap off and go home. So he does a big burnout right there and swings his car around to leave (almost hitting a few other cars) when an official runs over and tells him he's ejected and is now banned from any NHRA tracks.

It was really pathetic. It's idiots like that that make it hard for the FWD owners to get any respect at the track. Thankfully everyone realized he was just one jackass and just laughed and shook their heads.

It is a common occurance to see half the FWD owners pulling crap like that, doing burnouts when they leave or in the parking lot, etc.

Nate

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Man can you imagine how he felt. I was laughing so hard!!

There were like 75 cars in the field.
BUT I WAS SEVENTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Times eleventybillion....)

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I wanted to cry for him...seems like he was almost to tears. Eh, I woulda just drove backwards around the track to meet them when they came around, or run that stupid stager over!!!

CCC

·
Faster than a Cobra
16,008 Posts
That guy replied on the board linked above. Here's his response:

Wow, I was a little surprised to see that video here but it was an interesting day for sure and one that should be shared with all.

The race took place back in May of 2000. It was a grouping of SRX-7, ITB, ITC & SS cars but it felt like a few other groups snuck in there because that was a large field. It was not one of my prouder moments in racing but I was a rookie and it was an interesting learning experience. I hope everyone enjoyed this and that they did not spit out to much of their beer seeing me freak out.

The one thing I get asked most about this video is how in the world did I not swear...well like I said, I was a rookie and I have learned A LOT since then

Also thanks for the kind words Chris & Gary, I appreciate it.

Ken
(I was seventh)
And a comment from another guy:

This was at least 6 years ago he was in his RX-7. I am sure Ken will tell us when he sees this. Ken Zalner is now one of the Top SM and SRX7 racers in the country and one hell of a great guy. BB

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
Yes, that was VIR in 2000. We had 3 ITC drivers from Chattanooga Region on the grid. All three said they wondered why the guy was passing so many cars on the parade lap. He appears in a couple of their in-car videos, as they did in his. Although he didn't get black flagged, they did mention he didn't get signed off that weekend.
Yes, he did get better.
http://www.theaimgroup.com/AIM%20Team%20Racing/bio.htm

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
considering the popularity of this video, he might want to put in his bio: "In 2000, I was Seventh"

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
He was topic of conversation after the event. Actually did pretty well. Of course, he had a 63 car advantage. Will and Vesa said there were 73 cars that left the grid.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts