Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
[FJ] Elite Partner
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

We've been so busy here on so many projects. I forgot to update everyone.

On 11-3-12 we went to a local track, Dragway 42. We ended up being SNOWED out! Track temps and conditions were terrible.

We returned with the car on stock tires with just our air filter kit, 2.5" downpipe/catback and the tune in the car.

Traction was absolutely impossible. Previously with decent traction the car ran a best of 14.72 at 97.34 mph.

This time out the 60' was a miserable 2.511. 1/8th mile was 9.78 at 79.51 mph.

The 1/4 mile ended up being a 14.63 but at a very nice 101.72 mph.

So even in the poor conditions the car has picked up a very impressive 4.38 mph in the 1/4 mile.

I won't speculate what the car could run on a decent track, let alone on a good set of tires. I'd rather just post the facts of the day and the results of one run...........before actual snow flakes came and the track closed.

We have more coming soon. Just need to finish some of the projects I have going to get them moved out of here and free up some room.

Thanks for the continue interest and the orders!

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Any updates? Done for the winter?

- Drew

·
[FJ] Elite Partner
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, I've been so busy on so many projects and for some reason I didn't get updates to responses in this thread.

Anyway, yes, the car was spinning terribly through first and 2nd gear.

No we are not done for the winter at all. We may be done drag racing but not with the car. I am simply finishing some other projects.

We have our exhausts back from being bent and need to build fixtures and get the production system put on the car so we can start shipping them.

That's coming, I just have a bunch of other projects that need to get done too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts