Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody, I have a 2011 se with about 110k and the instrument cluster intermittently will read TPMS fault, sometimes random indicators (parking brake, open door, seat belt, etc) will randomly illuminate as well.

Now, I have ruled the sensors out and I am focusing on the gauge cluster and cable. With my dash opened up and the vehicle on, I can tap the wire harness going into the cluster and the issue temporarily subsides. Is there a possibility the connector is a little screwy and needs to be repaired OR should i go ahead and have a new cluster reprogrammed?

This issue has been ongoing all summer and prohibits the function of my AC whenever the alert goes off. I even went to the extent of removing the dash speaker due to the chime going off every 10 seconds.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated, I have no idea what to do at this point. Thank you

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everybody, I have a 2011 se with about 110k and the instrument cluster intermittently will read TPMS fault, sometimes random indicators (parking brake, open door, seat belt, etc) will randomly illuminate as well.

Now, I have ruled the sensors out and I am focusing on the gauge cluster and cable. With my dash opened up and the vehicle on, I can tap the wire harness going into the cluster and the issue temporarily subsides. Is there a possibility the connector is a little screwy and needs to be repaired OR should i go ahead and have a new cluster reprogrammed?

This issue has been ongoing all summer and prohibits the function of my AC whenever the alert goes off. I even went to the extent of removing the dash speaker due to the chime going off every 10 seconds.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated, I have no idea what to do at this point. Thank you
This is exactly what is happening to my focus of the same model year. No mechanic has been able to fix it for me. Could you tell me what you found out?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts