Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets start out by saying that i'm on vacation near Seattle. I was at teh Belleview square mall today and pulled out of the parking ramp to leave, got behind a semi truck. I followed it down this little alley to exit the mall and the truck stopped in the alley, me right behind it and about 8 cars behind me. the truck starts to back up and turn into a loading dock. I back up as far as I can go without hitting the car right behind me, then lay on the horn to let the truck driver know he can't make it. He looked right at me in the side mirror, but just kept on going. Right into my bumper! He tore a big hole in the drivers side.

About 4 hours later I'm on my way to my sister in laws house, get off the freeway and BAM! a huge tree branch falls from nowhere and smashes my windshield and scratches the paint on the roof of the car!!! WTF!!!

Now I'm out $250 for deductable on the windshield

Some vacation! I can't believe all that crap happened in one day. Time to go home I guess.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Oh, [censored] dude! Watch out for lightning...someone's out to get you!

Sorry to hear that though. Someday you'll look back at this vacation and laugh, National Lampoon style!

·
Registered
729 Posts
Aww man, that really sux. I'd probably break something really big just to feel better (it wouldn't be mine though)

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Don't things usually come in 3's? Watch your back! Bumper, then windshield, what's next?

Note to self: Decrease deductable from $500 to $250!

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
Sorry to hear about the misfortune with your car Keith
Was there a police report after the truck backed in to your car? Or did you get the name of the trucking company and the name of the truck driver? If yes you can have your insurance company go after them to pay for damage caused.Also some insurance compaines carry glass coverage depending on which state you live in and it shouldn't cost you anything.Anyway I hope that it all works out for you.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The glass is getting replaced as I type. that was the only thing I had to pay the deductable on.

the truck driver was totaly at fault and he knows it. (Although he wouldn't come out and say it) We took care of all the details right there when it happened. The cops wouldn't come out because it was at a mall (Private property), but the insurance company said they would just have to get a recorded statement from me.

I was already laughing about it on the phone with the insurance company after the glass broke. Just dumb luck I guess. Noboby wanted to go anywhere with me after that because of the whole "it comes in 3s thing".

I'm trying to find all the good that came out of this...
* I had a big rock chip on another part of that glass already, so that'll be fixed now
* My bumper had a few little rock chips, although not too noticeable. (I wish it was my hood getting replaced)
* maybe i can get a RS bumper as a replacement

1 - 11 of 11 Posts