Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if anyone else notices this, but figured I'd ask - I LOVE driving barefoot. I always drive better when my feet are in direct contact with the pedals. I guess it's the fact that I can pay closer attention to the feel of the clutch, but losing the 5 lb pair of Doc Marten's makes a huge difference. Am I weirder than I already think?

·
Registered
318 Posts
i typically wear the same pair of shoes all the time. Black Reebok Classics. and unless i'm wearing those i feel wierd driving my car. other shoes, sandals, barefoot? don't like it. it's not that i can't do it, it just doesn't feel right. i dunno, maybe i'm the wierd one.

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
I can't drive barefoot. Just doesn't feel right.

·
MAKE IT RAIN! ... is that like [email protected](3+/ a [email protected]" and @
7,550 Posts
I drove to the gas station at 3 am in my black fuzzy slippers last nite.... felt SOOOOO nice, lol

·
Registered
317 Posts
I can't drive barefoot. Just doesn't feel right.
I agree. I tried it...even with a sock on and it was very weird. Im already at that psychotic stay away from marcus cuz he got the good stuff from down under are you retarded breaking point.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I don't think it's legal here is Washington. Something about being dangerous if you stick you foot while driving or something.

·
Banned
1,936 Posts
nah. i'm wierd. i have this thing about my feet. rarely do i ever take my shoes of in public. never mind driv barefoot. never. well i have once. going to wendy's before they closed @ 1.45am

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
I know of some states where there is a law stating that it is illegal to drive barefooted.

Then again...I know of a state where a law was created stating it is illegal to [censored] a racoon.

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
texas its' illegal to drive in flip flops, but legal to drive barefoot.

Um, more importantly, i def drive better barefoot. SHop at the mall better barefoot, make out better barefoot...umm just about anything barefoot.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
my car feels totally different when i drive barefoot, the clutch feels like a brick trying to push it in. And my foot doesnt feel right on the gas. It just freaks me out all together. I jerk the car like i just learned how to drive a stick

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
losing the 5 lb pair of Doc Marten's makes a huge difference.
It's those Docs that kill your pedal feel. I wear Piloti shoes all over the place, and they work beautifully. I wouldn't do any long-distance running in them, but they're great for driving.
Driving Barefoot is just Not Right. It IS Somewhat Unsafe.
The Piloti's are GREAT, but a Bit Expensive.
I wear ASICS Wrestling shoes as "Driving Shoes". They're shaped the same and have the same thin soles for pedal feel, but w/o the added expensive of fire-proofing. I can drive just fine in my combat boots, but the ASICS just feel more like "Driving Gloves" for the Feet.

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
hmmm a singlet...never tried that.

Driven in a speedo before though (late for swim practice, 4:45 in the morning, dind't hink i'd be seen)

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
i wear sandals in the summer mostly (when i'm not at work) and when i drive i wear thin New Balance running shoes... helps with my heel toe shifting a lot, and pedal feel. i'd like some piloti's but the price keeps me at bay.

barefoot? i've done it, but dont feel it safe.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts