Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dyno sheet

I enhanced the picture since I only had my digital video camera and not a digital camera to make a clear photo. I don't have footage of my car on the dyno since I was the first one to go on it before most of the members showed up.

But, I do have footage of the Powerworks foci blowing 247whp and 199Ftlbs Tq. Among others.
<font color="red">
My car only has a AEM CAI and is running rich with the last flash from the dealer YRFO.</font> Lots of room left in here. We had a washington state guy with his euro svt running 172WHP on a SCT chip and webextreme who was running 171WHP

EDIT: Changed your pic to a link as there's a 800x600 size limit.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Baseline dyno

I have footage of the powerworks kit on a zx3 that is posted in the F/I area doing 247whp/199ftlb tq.

This was also the FociBC.net day out at the dyno. Please help me conserve my bandwidth and use the SAVE AS FEATURE If not then I will be forced to take it off and it won't go back up for awhile

other than that enjoy

DYNO DAY FOOTAGE SAVE AS PLEASE 12mb]FOCIBC club members day at the dyno

p.s. let me know what you guys think of the video <font color="red">
please note that A) I didn't have all the info for all the cars B) Was a very hot day so I didn't tape all the cars the meet </font>

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Here's 3 of the Foci Club members that were at the dyno......guess which one is the Powerworks one and mine

·
Registered
10,601 Posts

That was a really good video I wish I could have been there. The whold KM thing thru me for a loop. I was thinking there was no way those cars were hitting 200mph on the dyno. Then I it dawned on me it is km
I was planning on going but then my passport was expired and I couldn't find my birth cert. Damn the bad luck

·
Registered
792 Posts

Big sticker guy, eh? Haha, nice pulls.

·
Registered
12,749 Posts

Yea every car that came out of there, came out with very high numbers. But hey, the point of dynoing isn't for bragging but tuning right? So as long as they tune on the same dyno they are good to go. Hopefully these guys aren't using this as some kind of evidence that their cars are faster than other cars with different dyno numbers.

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts

yah after seeing your #'s .. u guys need to calibrate that dyno
Whatcha talkin bout?

You did 240whp on 5psi.

- Drew

·
The best part about me is that I think I am better
4,481 Posts

the numbers are correct. all the numbers that should be on par were on par. there were a couple of cars that had sensor errors on the dyno causing irratic numbers but they were fixed and the cars were re-dynoed and everything was in spec. the fact that we were doing 16cars back to back and making corrections for temp and kPa as the day went on the numbers should be bang on. the dyno we are using is far more accurate than either a DynoJet or a mustang dyno. i have gotten into numerous arguements with the owner/opperator of the dyno about numbers and it always works out. you have to remember that every focus is different. some ZX3s dyno at 96fwhp and 107lb/ft while some spin the rollers to 110fwhp and 120lb/ft. there are always going to be varriences between cars that account for larger numbers between 2 cars that for the sake of arguement, should be equal... the head could have 0.010 less, the cam timing could be more agressive , the engine could be running leaner(leaner = meaner) or richer.... there are so many varriables.

if you like i can have the owner and opperator of the dyno to come on and explain. Some of you may know him from the VW community, Shawn Van-Neer formerly of Mommentum Motorsport now of Kinetic Motorsports... i know the guys at FS have seen Van-Neers work and know his reputation.

we all should know by now, dyno numbers are just numbers. if you are using the numbers to brag that you made more than someone else then call BS all you want.
if you are using the same dyno to check your gains then that is all that matters. even if the dyno reads 20hp to high or to low, your gains will still be proportionate to the power you produce...

and 240fwhp on 5psi on a mustang dyno?
you of all people should not be questioning numbers with that in your sig... that's like an open invitation for an arguement!

numbers are numbers, take it or leave it.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts

hey i'm saying uy guys did make some good power . but seeing the power of the svt's with "just cai" etc .. that dyno is off . it's entirely clear .

and something ur forgetting about my *cough* quote is

*cough*42lb injectors, JRSC 3.6" @ 5psi, Headwork, 3" ORP, 3" Exhaust = 240fwhp (Mustang Dyno)*cough*

and something your forgetting about the SVT vs the I4 zetec is VCT and 10.2:1 compression .

my dyno is the same dyno where SVT Foci with CAI still dyno in the 140's. ... not 157

·
Registered
272 Posts

hey i'm saying uy guys did make some good power . but seeing the power of the svt's with "just cai" etc .. that dyno is off . it's entirely clear .

and something ur forgetting about my *cough* quote is

*cough*42lb injectors, JRSC 3.6" @ 5psi, Headwork, 3" ORP, 3" Exhaust = 240fwhp (Mustang Dyno)*cough*

and something your forgetting about the SVT vs the I4 zetec is VCT and 10.2:1 compression .

my dyno is the same dyno where SVT Foci with CAI still dyno in the 140's. ... not 157
on what octane was this achieved? this sounds ridiculously high!
have you considered taking this to a dynojet? i would wager your numbers would not be that high.

·
Registered
272 Posts

also that link to your dyno is bad or the site is down.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts

sorry it's up now .. i got a hardware problem with my server . it's having trouble staying up .

gotta remmeber though . i have larger ports & valves and port matched header and intake manifold .

again, i'm not saying it's his car isn't quick . i'm really just saying that dyno is reporting high numbers .

and yah.. send me a set of those cams to fit the SVT .. ASAP

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

The link is on its last limb. I've posted it on 8-10 foci sites across the globe so its bound to get a beating. Even my 6 other webspaces I own are getting hit hard.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts