Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bassani emailed me a picture of their exhaust, which is apparently available to buy. They gave me a part number etc. I couldn't find any other info, i.e. size of exhaust, cost etc. If someone wants to host the pic I can email it to them. Just pm me.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Hmm. That tip seems to stick out a little. Looks nice, I like the Borla tip a little more than that one. Has that horn look to it doesnt it. Not bad, wish we could see the whole exhaust though to get an idea of build quality, but coming from those guys I am sure it is great.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Oh ok, no resonator up front huh? Wonder if it is loud. Does bassani have a reputation for being a loud exhaust? Wonder what kind of hp/trq gains they are claiming. Looks nice though.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I know that for the SVTC, the Bassani is really loud. I think it had resonators in each muffler that you could remove which made it really loud. Out of all the exhausts, Bassani was the more popular one on the CEG.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Wait a minute. Resonators IN the muffler? I dont understand. I thought resonators and mufflers where two different things. I know they are both sound reducers, but I didnt know they had set ups where you could take things out of mufflers. Cool.

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
I'm sorry, but I just can't stand those tips. Those beveled double wall tips just look horrible. Oh well, I"m sure the exhaust is great. Just not my cup of tea as far as looks.

·
Registered
242 Posts
That, and it looks like you could crack your shin on it, it sticks out so far.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I agree on the tips--I am going to have my stock tip welded on, and ensure that the positioning is the same as stock.

Although, I don't think you have to have the insert. What is shown is the BX aluminum muffler; I would get the ss.

·
Registered
486 Posts
is this the same exhaust as the regular ZX3? If so, a vendor I know of from back home has it for $470.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts