Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's kind of a obvious question, but I went to go get my alt. and battery checked @ autozone and my battery had good voltage but they said that since my connection on my pos. side was corroded that could have something to do w/it and they were saying my alt. could be taking a crap. Only time the battery light would come on is if i'm below 2k but as soon as I start moving or rev it up it would go away again. but thing is though I drove it for 10 miles on the way home and it hasn't came back on.....so I'm wondering if my alt. really is taking a crap if it was a bad connection....I took like 1/2 hour to clean the terminals real good so it could've helped.....any opinions? if this isn't detailed enough my bad cuz i'm half asleep......let me know what you all think : )

g'night fellas

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
bad connection does make battery light to come on.
i had my battery cable post changed but it was loose for some reason, whenever i hit the bump, battery light came one.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so you all think I have a loose connection? or do you think it really is my alt.? also, this morning, my battery light did not come on until I was sitting still and I soon as I rev up or keep it above 2k the light went off again.....does that sound like a alt.? or a really bad connection?

·
Devil's Advocate. Just to cheese you off.
6,880 Posts
Sounds like an alt but always check the battery terminal connections first. That's FREE. Alternators are not, and they're a pain in the ass to replace.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah that's what I hear.......where should I go to get an alt. besides a dealership?

·
Registered
924 Posts
what do you use to clean the terminals?

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey everybody, I got the alternator in, but now the car wants to shut off at a stop light because of too much lobing from the cams i'm guessing?.....does the ecu have to relearn itself after being unhooked for about 3 hours? will it take a lil bit of driving to get it to act right again?

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah everything is good now fellas, I put out some driving and it doesn't want to act like a cammed focus w/o tuning now. everything is good : )

1 - 15 of 15 Posts