Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody?

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's pretty awesome, but since it's a DICE/EA product it'll need 3-4 more patches before it stops crashing and giving people fits.

So far I've only got about half an hour into it, it's been one of those weeks.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
I did the BF4 beta....felt like MOA gameplay but I got used to it after a couple of games. Got the game on release date and even though there has been a few hiccups still my fav franchise over COD or any other military shooter!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
My computer rig is dead and I refuse to build a new one just for gaming. :lol:

I'll wait for the next gen consoles and then pick up BF4.

I gave CoD: Ghosts a try and it still has the broken mechanic called quick scoping. The "amplify" perk is also crazy and couters dead silence. :(

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As is typical for Dice/EA, the game is finally starting to steady out. I haven't had NEARLY as many crash issues since the latest patch. The new China Rising maps are pretty fun as well.

I think gameplay-wise, my biggest complaint is what they did with jet maneuverability. In BF3, you could squeeze better performance from a jet by properly manipulating the throttle and rudder...now, any throttle change basically puts you at idle and you lose ALL maneuverability...no, really, you fly in a straight line, albeit slower. It just makes every dogfight boring as hell because the only way it ends is if one person gives up and breaks off (and is killed within seconds) or someone else joins in to tag-team one of the participants.

The assignments/unlock system is a mix of BF2 and BF3, which is neat. There are Bronze, Silver, and Gold assignments, which unlock guns, dogtags, or camo. Levolution is overhyped, but a nice start on legit destructible environments. Smaller buildings can almost always be destroyed, and some maps have larger structures (a skyscraper, or a dam) that can be taken out. Maybe in the next Frostbite game we'll have completely destructible city maps.

·
Registered
42 Posts
For me, BF4 is finally getting the game back to where it needs to be. Bad Company 2 and BF3 were a disappointment for me. The draw has always been the multiplayer. That's where they need to spend their time, not the storyline. Straight up squad action.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I haven't touched the campaign in either BF3 or 4 lol.

·
Registered
42 Posts
To date, BF2 is my favorite, followed by BF4 and 1942. I haven't been as into it as I have in the past, but there were a few decent mods for bf2. Sand box, airmaps, and project reality were pretty good.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1942 remains my favorite. The music was awesome, and the variety in vehicle types was much greater than anything since. Sure, we have 93 types of jeep, and 18 different APCs, but come on...fighters, bombers, jeeps, tanks, submarines, destroyers, battleships, carriers...yeah. I miss carpet bombing with the B-17 (or the F-15E/Flanker in BF2).

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had to consciously force myself not to make a comment about that in the OP.

Edit: DICE nerfed the hell out of UCAV in the new patch. 90 second reload time, which makes it completely worthless against vehicles. They'll repair themselves faster than this thing reloads, and since it takes two hits to kill them...yeah. I'm annoyed, but at least I got the UCAV portion of the achievements done.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts