Ford Focus Forum banner
21 - 40 of 55 Posts

· Kyle Gave Me His Oklahoma Foot Disease!
13,483 Posts

So another inch lower from here?

· Registered
3,097 Posts
yup. and if you take a lock ring out probably even lower. But my fronts are inverted im not sure if the ones he is selling are. so they might be in different sleeves.

also When i got my kit which I was told by bc that I was the very first. I had to get different rear springs because they were to tall and the car was almost stock ride height when it was adjusted all the way down. Hopefully they noted that

13,483 Posts
Any chance to get pics of your suspension on the car with the wheels off?

:D

· Registered
2,906 Posts
I know this is purely subjective, but how does the car handle with these coilovers?
Thoughts on damping, rebound? I am this close to pulling the trigger after seeing pics of Domestic's ride :thumbup:

13,483 Posts
like up on four jackstands with wheels off?

Yeah, I'd like to see the rear springs/perches and the front coilover assembly exactly how you have it set up now. Just remove wheels and snap some pics por favor.

· Registered
2,906 Posts
Yeah, I'd like to see the rear springs/perches and the front coilover assembly exactly how you have it set up now. Just remove wheels and snap some pics por favor.
No Nick! Don't do it! Your car doesn't need any more improvements! :evilgrin:

· Registered
3,097 Posts
I know this is purely subjective, but how does the car handle with these coilovers?
Thoughts on damping, rebound? I am this close to pulling the trigger after seeing pics of Domestic's ride :thumbup:

the handling is great. I had koni yellows and H&R race springs before this and it handles better than that combo.

I auto-x alot and drive around town very spirited looking for corners with green lights

Ill take some pics later tonight

· Banned
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 · (Edited)
Thanks for sharing the pics domestic. What kit do you have?

To add , you can get custom spring rates , if you want custom rates we would need to know what rates and to see if it's possible to do without having to re-valve the cartridge.

· Banned
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 · (Edited)
Those actually are the version one's of coilover kits from BC (hence the V1 Design name). Since those came out they have made some improvements, one being the diameter of the piston and damper body, while also changing to the gold color now and that indicates the version two or non V1. It seems that your kit also does not have dampening knobs on top and are using different style rear. The rears you have pictured has the adjustment on the bottom which BC still does use on some of there BMW E36 kits , however now on the focus kit they use a locking collar .. similar to the front design. Technically those are the V1 series , similar to but not the same as the BR series which are the ones we are offering .. in fact that's the only series available for the focus now.

· Banned
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
If we can get enough people in on a "group buy" deal then you can expect a Killer deal , but as I said. It really depends on how many people we can get involved, regardless how many people we get you will save .. obviously the more the better for everyone. Also just to add , this doesn't have to be specific focus kits , if you have a buddy or another car you want BC's for we can add that into the total amount of kits .. just trying to help the best we can.

Contact us via email or PM if anyone is truly interested. Thanks

· Registered
301 Posts
Intersted... Email sent!!

· Banned
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Ok so we got a little list going on. We will give it a few more days to see if anyone else wants to jump in. The more we get the better savings everyone receives! If anyone else is interested send me a PM on here or email [email protected]

Thanks

· Registered
2,906 Posts
I'm definitely interested but my purchasing window is a couple of months out as I'm finishing my build on the '04
However, I will be getting these coilovers for my '06 as well as a Quaife ATB from you guys so for now I'm going dormant...

Regards,
--chaz

· Banned
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I'm definitely interested but my purchasing window is a couple of months out as I'm finishing my build on the '04
However, I will be getting these coilovers for my '06 as well as a Quaife ATB from you guys so for now I'm going dormant...

Regards,
--chaz
No problem :thumbup:

I've sent an Email and or PM to everyone who has contacted me to update them. If you haven't received one please let me know, also if anyone else is interested let me know before it's too late.

Thanks

· Registered
2,906 Posts
No problem :thumbup:

I've sent an Email and or PM to everyone who has contacted me to update them. If you haven't received one please let me know, also if anyone else is interested let me know before it's too late.

Thanks
Sounds great. Anyone who's ever dealt with me knows that once I make my mind up on something it's money in the bank.
It's just a waiting game now, as in waiting for my build on the '04 to wrap up.
In actuality I will be grabbing the Quaife from you first as I need to upgrade the clutch at the same time in preparation for the eventual turbo upgrade :thumbup:

The suspension upgrade will be soon thereafter...

· Banned
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Sounds great. Anyone who's ever dealt with me knows that once I make my mind up on something it's money in the bank.
It's just a waiting game now, as in waiting for my build on the '04 to wrap up.
In actuality I will be grabbing the Quaife from you first as I need to upgrade the clutch at the same time in preparation for the eventual turbo upgrade :thumbup:

The suspension upgrade will be soon thereafter...
I understand. Shoot me an email on the clutch you are looking at .. Maybe I can help you a little bit :thumbup:

21 - 40 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.