Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys last week i had an accident and now much car pulls to the left alot, i have to keep the wheel 180degrees to the rights to make the make stay straight,what has snapped??

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
hi guys last week i had an accident and now much car pulls to the left alot, i have to keep the wheel 180degrees to the rights to make the make stay straight,what has snapped??
Umm... for one: STOP DRIVING IT YOU MORON!

It's tough to tell. You could have bent a tie rod, lower control arm, strut, broke a ball joint, or all the above.

Get it to a shop and have them look at it. Or pull the wheel off and look at it yourself. If you're not sure take some pictures and post em here.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol nah dude im not driving it around!it in a garage getting the bodywork sorted, does it sound like an expensive fix?

ive just spent 690pounds thats arpund $1250 on fixing the body!!

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
That's all? $1250 to fix cosmetic damage, if it's done well, is a decent deal IMHO. My insurance paid out something like $2500 for some light body damage that I did a couple years ago in an accident. Good luck with the apparent suspension damage.

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
depends what all is bent, suspension damage adds up quickly.

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
but if your alignment is out you could have bent the control arm and almost certainly the tie rod. could have bent the strut too.

price list for an 05 (msrp)
tie rod - $53
tie rod end - $28
control arm - $213(r) $351(l)
strut $84
tack on ~ 2hrs labor at $65/hr
alignment ~ $50

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
Even money I guess, depends how you were hit. But if the balljoint is damaged, the shop will probablly replace the entire control arm.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
If that had been the case with my car, I would have definitely taken a look at it to see if one of the wheels was off-kilter....did you even look at the wheels to see if one of them was way out of alignment? I'd think that if you had to hold the wheel at 180° to one side to keep the car going straight, you'd be able to see what was causing it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts