Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Double-Wide Pride!!!
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know, ninety degree bends in your air intake system causes a bit of drag. I thought maybe if I could put a 65mm t/b on the spi, and then the mass airflow sensor, and then the air cleaner. Stacked up. One after another. Shoot it down, I don't care. What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
I'll let you elaborate when your sober
, I don't quite follow.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
our sucof friend wants to put all the parts inline. i got a zetec so it would meen all the [censored] comes out the hood and right in the way

·
Double-Wide Pride!!!
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, it's like this. If you bolt on the maf directly to the throttle body, and then the air cleaner, one on top of another, maybe even sticking out of the hood don't you think that you would get cooler airflow into the mix faster? Aside from the fact that this is only for a fair weather application (not when it's raining), what other factors could there be to adversely affect performance? note: more sober now, idea still wont go away...

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
It would be for high rpm gain mostly since the shorter the intake tube the higher up you gain power usually. You will most likely lose some low end power. Second the intake manifold has a straight up 90 degree bend at the bottom which isn't the best for flow either.

My point is the spi head and intake manifold is probably too restrictive for you to be worriying about eliminating a 90 degree bend in the intake tubing with such a beer induced idea.

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
hey man, doesn't hurt to come up with crazy idea's and ask, escpecially when you have beer as an excuse!

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
I thought about doing that also. getting an HKS filter and stacking the whole thing. maybe one day if I'm really bored I'll give it a try. I think hood clearance might be an issue though. Thats they way the Civic SOHC is set up so the idea certainly isnt without foundation.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts