Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I want to get my 2003 ZX5 supercharged next year, but my question is for the time being I want to make some changes to get more horsepower. What will enhance my performance right now and work with the supercharger later?

I was thinking of a larger throttle body and new breather element, would this be a good start or would you do something diffrent? I want to do as much of the small stuff first before I jump into something as major as a supercharger.
Any info you could shed on this topic would help out a great deal. I don't mind spending the money for a great performing car but don't want to waste my coin on something I don't need or can't use later.

Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
51 Posts
No, im not a sponson but i think i cant help. If your going to supercharge, my suggestions would be; a short ram intake of some kind, as you stated a larger throttle body and MAF, 3 pc. UDP set, and as full of an exhaust system you can get, header, high flow cat, and 2.5" piping. Also if its an automatic i highly suggest a chip. Im sure theres more but im tired, anyone else got suggestions?

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
first
No, im not a sponson but i think i cant help
hahahah

ok and cat back, cams, cam gears, no intake or filter (mayby a kn drop in), race headers and flex or street headers, high flow cat and flex. tb, maf. thats all i can think of at the moment. i would not get under drive pullys

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
3 pc. UDP set
This is a big NO-NO on S/Cing.
Under Drive pulley...its called that for a reason. This will slow the revolutions of the S/C making less boost.
Here are a few more suggestions. Race header, flex pipe, cat-back exaust, 65 mm tb, cam gears( maybe stg 1 cams to),
focus sport cool-flo intake and a cheap short ram you'll have to hack up later to fit the jrsc.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
This question should have been asked in the Forced induction section.
Anyway, cams are not needed. JR asks you not to cam it.

Everything else I would say can be used
short ram intake
exhaust 2.5" is better
synthetic oil
colder spark plugs
throttle body
header
flex pipe

You will not boost to 6 or 7 psi with these mods, but your power numbers will grow with these mods. In this case, you might only boost 3.5psi, but push 165-170whp. Don't quote me on those numbers, it's just to give you an idea of what to expect.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
the way i see it. the intake should not be bought. bacause with a jrsc the tb is in a diff place and he wont be able to use the short ram or a cai. and with the vortec sc it has the intake. so that cant be used either.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
the way i see it. the intake should not be bought. bacause with a jrsc the tb is in a diff place and he wont be able to use the short ram or a cai. and with the vortec sc it has the intake. so that cant be used either.

Funny, I run a AEM short ram with my JRSC

1 - 8 of 8 Posts