Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a Prothane Lower Eng/Trans mount on sale at C-F-M for 15 bucks. Went this route rather than buying the VF mount for $100. Put it in tonight and it really does tighten things up a bunch. It may the largest improvement per dollar I have ever invested in a car.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
tight! no literally your enigine is tight now.
just keep an eye on it i here they have been know to work there way out of the mount.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
just keep an eye on it i here they have been know to work there way out of the mount.
Only if you don't put it together the right way. The fat part is the bottom.

·
Registered
10,601 Posts
Sounds like a good deal might have to check it out. Thanks for the tip

·
Registered
582 Posts
Not necessarily. I installed mine correctly and they squeezed out in about 18000 miles. Still, it was a good bang for the buck. I have the MAC snubber now, that is much better IMO.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
^^those are hte ones i have, between that and the short throw, the car feels awesome

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Not necessarily. I installed mine correctly and they squeezed out in about 18000 miles. Still, it was a good bang for the buck. I have the MAC snubber now, that is much better IMO.
The engine puts the majority of the stress in one direction. Unless you are driving the quarter in reverse. There is no way for the fat portion of the bushing to move.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I just bought these inserts a few months ago, and they didn't have a big fat lip. Just like the picture shows - two lips that are the same.

Do you have a part number or manufacturer for the fat lip kind?

·
Registered
54 Posts
dude, if your engine is falling out you got bigger problems than bushings

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
The engine puts the majority of the stress in one direction. Unless you are driving the quarter in reverse. There is no way for the fat portion of the bushing to move.
even in reverse it's still the same direction since the engine always spins in the same direction. and i dont see how the bushing can move. it's held in with the bolts anyway.
*shrug*

·
Registered
582 Posts
I just bought these inserts a few months ago, and they didn't have a big fat lip. Just like the picture shows - two lips that are the same.

Do you have a part number or manufacturer for the fat lip kind?
Mine also did not have the larger lip on one side. Must have been a redesign...

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Found the Invoice. Modern Performance Racing Products, Item 213143-1, $16.99 Set of 2000+ Ford Focus Zetec Energy Suspension Motor Mount Insert in Black

The picture does not match what is on my car btw.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts