Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my parents will spend 200 on me for my birthday and was thinking of the 3 piece udp from fc. i already have the mac intake, bosal flex, and hks cat back, and i think it would be the best for the money that i have to spend. anyone with something better for the money? or should i go with another sort of udp? any advice would be great.

·
Registered
490 Posts
udp or the fc/tb

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
adj cam sprockets or (if it comes out soon) the bosal high flow cat

FC TB???, 250 bux 4 throttle response on a lightly mod'd car, port ur stock TB 4 almost no money, and enjoy.

-Ult

[ 11-13-2002, 09:06 PM: Message edited by: UltegraSTI ]

·
Registered
110 Posts
Best bang for $200.....I would have to say Candi. you can find her on the corner of Main and Oak.

[ 11-14-2002, 01:01 AM: Message edited by: bgkast ]

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
FC 3 pc UDP or AFX UDP, urethane motor mount and control arm bushings, and ported stock TB
completely new car

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Originally posted by UltegraSTI:
adj cam sprockets or (if it comes out soon) the bosal high flow cat

FC TB???, 250 bux 4 throttle response on a lightly mod'd car, port ur stock TB 4 almost no money, and enjoy.

-Ult
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Made a huge differnece on my car.

-Ult

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
my votes for the udp set. i agree with ult about the tb. ive even read that a larger tb can hurt power on more or less stock cars, correct me if im wrong here. our opinions diverge on cam gears though. to really see anything from that upgrade you have to, of course, spend a few hundred more for dyno runs to get the tuning right. if youre looking for some kick now, grab the pulleys

·
Registered
88 Posts
The AFX udp is definetly a good mod
, i have one for sale if ur interested for $70

·
Devil's Advocate. Just to cheese you off.
6,880 Posts
tx_brandon: If your car is stock, I say it depends on where you wanna go with the car. If you're planning on doing a cold air intake eventually, then don't go with a panel filter. If you are on a really limited budget and you don't think you'll be spending much of your own cash on mods, then I'd go with:

AF/X UDP. Way easier to install than the 3pc kit and the 3 piece offers very slight gains, scratch that... NEGLIGABLE gains over the AF/X. That should leave you with enough left over for an ITG Panel filter from FocusSport.

Infra: it sounds like you're going to be putting some cash into this car sometime soon, I would suggest coming up with a few bux of your own and let your parents put $200 towards a DiabloSport Chip (it says $229 on focussport.com but it rings up as $215.00 cuz they have a promotion going on) Or get a UDP and save the rest for something bigger.

Either way, you'll be happy. I have all three of those products (and then some) on my ZX3 right now. those three were the best bang-for-buck, and since this is my daily driver car, I am not putting an intake on it, so the ITG Panel filter works great for my needs.

[ 11-14-2002, 01:52 AM: Message edited by: ax0n ]

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have an ATX, and by the far my fav. mod is the chip. The UDP is a good one though.

Diablo Chip, FS UDP, FS cat-back, FS Cool-Flo

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
has everyone forgotten about the Volant?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanx for all the help guys. if my parents would let me use 250 i would probably go for the tb, but since im broke right now, and can only work with 200 ill probably go with the 3 piece udp cause my gf's dad work on cars in his garage for a living so he will probably do the pullys for me for like 20 bucks. thanx again.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts