Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about getting a new battery, I'm wondering what is the best to get? Anyone have opinions/experience etc?

I tried searching, but didn't come up with many opinions on anything other than the dynabatt.

Any thoughts?

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
I like optima batteries. i have the redtop.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I have the red top too-- never go wrong with this 1
besides it matches

·
Registered
41 Posts
The Optima Red Top is the best battery I've ever used. I bought their maximum capacity model and have never been more pleased. Note however, that the battery cover can't be used as the battery is taller than the wimpy Ford unit. Note too, there is a small wire running to the battery from the firewall and it will probably have to be spliced and lengthed for it to reach. You may also have to reroute the battery cables some. On my car they barely reached. Maybe there is some way to lower the battery tray. That would be the optimal solution.

This battery holds a charge better and has no free-running electrolyte.

Once you try this battery you won't go back to conventional "maintenance-free" batteries.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What about the yellow top... i know someone that can get me a discount on a yellow top so that it will cost me about the same as the red top's retail. I plan on eventually on installing some cool ICE in the car so i wouldn't be wasting the extra umph of the yellow top.

Anyone use the yellow top? Am i right in thinking i might as well grab this deal?

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
After some serious issues with my stock battery, I just installed the Optima red top. The car starts much faster than it did back when my old battery was brand new. We had to lengthen one of the grounds and some of those smaller wires. I also had to replace the terminals and a portion of my positive cable due to a small electrical fire PRIOR to the recall.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Why do you want to use the battery cover...the Optima is nice

I just moved my ground so I didn't need to splice...what other wire are you talking about? Mine went right in?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts