Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im lookin into buying a cold air intake soon, ICEMAN IS NOT AN OPTION, just to stress that point, but what are some of the bes t kits to buy, Im almost positive that im goin to do the AEM CAI but if anyone has any insight or anything I would appreciate it, thank you

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Just curious as to why Iceman is not an Option.

We have one coupled to our FS Cool-Flo - Makes a great combo.

Provides great Low End Torque!

drew
fok

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont want the iceman as an option due to the fact that it runs off of the factory airbox, which means that it is still restrictive!!! Plus I want something that will accompany the new sound of my BORLA
. Thats the only reason, cause i heard that the iceman is a) restrictive and b) no sound gain is to be expected.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I hava an Iceman paired with a cone filterand it is freaking awsome. You can definitely feel and hear a difference when you step on it. Car screams "GO FASTER"
I would seriously get some more opinions on the ICEMAN before you rule it out.

[ 09-25-2002, 10:31 AM: Message edited by: REDFLASH ]

·
Registered
658 Posts
im selling my iceman due to the addon of the SVT snorke. going to start on a custom setup (no this isnt a buy sell add) i love the iceman setup. best first mod for me. i dont want the sound of an intake...and the stock airbox isnt bad consitering the pannel filter is better IMO than a cone... exept mabie the volant...but im not keen on the intake behind the light thing

[ 09-25-2002, 10:40 AM: Message edited by: djwirfel ]

·
Registered
294 Posts
Originally posted by zx313:
Im lookin into buying a cold air intake soon, ICEMAN IS NOT AN OPTION, just to stress that point, but what are some of the bes t kits to buy, Im almost positive that im goin to do the AEM CAI but if anyone has any insight or anything I would appreciate it, thank you
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I like the AEM, its a great product, with great quality, great gains, and great service. I love my CAI, it sounds soo mean too, it'll be louder than your exhuast at WOT 4000+ rpm.

·
Registered
745 Posts
i have the K&N FIPK Gen II it sounds badass and is engineered very well...better than typical tube Intakes. it incorperates a thick plastic tube for insulation and has a wide flanged bell where it meets the throttle body creating a vortex in the airflow. i love it (ignore text under pict, that is the right pict)

http://www.performancecenter.com/display.image.php?image=kn_57-2526_500.jpg

[ 09-25-2002, 11:39 AM: Message edited by: iamgod ]

·
Registered
369 Posts
i agree with Ruggedman, the CAI AEM is just the best sounding intake i have heard. Great Hi-end and a nice MPG improvement if your gentle
riiighhhttt... just watch out for sink holes and big puttles, specially if u dont have the BI-pass Valve.. ps. i have never needed or had one on my civic or my foucs .. both rip for other's mistakes

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Originally posted by Shiva Chaos:
The stock airbox is very retrictive compared to a cone filter.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I would disagree with this. I have an iceman front snorkel feeding the stock airbox with an ITG filter in it. On the dyno for fun we removed the airbox entirely and the car made all of 2 more whp. This is on a 200+whp turbo car.

So yes it is a little more restrictive, but not a heck of alot.

·
Registered
829 Posts
If you want sound then go with the Cool-Flo or the Volant. If you want looks and a little sound go with the Latest Gen Injen Intake(I LOVE MINE) or go with the AEM. Te AEM does sound nice and looks great too!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Originally posted by Krmnnghia:
If you want sound then go with the Cool-Flo or the Volant. If you want looks and a little sound go with the Latest Gen Injen Intake(I LOVE MINE) or go with the AEM. Te AEM does sound nice and looks great too!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">But most importantly works great

·
Banned
830 Posts
I'm running a Volant myself. I have yet to hear a negative thing about them.... Sounds great and gives a little more spice to the take-off.

My vote:

VOLANT!

304 Posts
i plan on gettin the aem cai, so if i do, when i install it can i just completely remove the stock snorkel? it wont serve any purpose then will it? thx.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts