Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey people I have a question to ask all of you. My Girlfriend is in search of a car for around $13,500 and my question is what is the most dependable, good car out there that she should look for. She won't take a corolla, she doesn't know about a honda either. SO what in your opinions is the best car she should get that will last for about three or four years. Thanks in Advance!

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Ummm...How about a Focus?

·
Registered
159 Posts
How about a newer Integra? You can get them in 4-doors if she wants something practical. They look good too!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Well, lets see.

There is the focus. Around here, you can get any focus under $18,500 for under $13,500 via a $5000 off ad. They are also going a little lower to move them quick, so $5500 off wouldn't be unreasonable. 5 year / 100,000 mile warranty for the powertrain, and you can get an extended warranty for the rest of the car. You can get alot of focus for $19,000 (which is $13,500 after the discount).

There is also the Honda Civic. If she wants / needs ABS, she'll have to get the EX, and those run about $14,500 around here, with ads, that is. Superb build quality, 5-star crash ratings, and a peppy VTEC-equipped motor make it an overall nice vehicle.

Andrew

·
Registered
749 Posts
You could get a 1 year old svt focus with about 15000 miles on it.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She definately won't get a focus because of all the problems mine has and that mine only gets 17MPG and the dealership still can't find anything wrong with it. So a focus is out of the question.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Originally posted by Red_Willy_Focus:
She definately won't get a focus because of all the problems mine has and that mine only gets 17MPG and the dealership still can't find anything wrong with it. So a focus is out of the question.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">That's one focus out of how many hundred-thousands? You're not the only focus owner on earth. The other owners seem pretty damn happy if you ask me.

Andrew

·
Registered
54 Posts
At that price range, I would look for a Civic or even a Matrix. The Matrix will cost a little more, but it is a good car. Maybe a Pro-5?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I love my car but hate the mileage it gets and she knows that but she doesn't want one as well. Also her dad is a big consumer reports man and since they hate the focus he won't invest in one.

·
Registered
139 Posts
hyundai elantra. gt is $14,500, so the sedan would be lower. pretty nice car for the money. plus the 10 year/ 100,000 mile warranty. my friend has one and he loves it.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have a 02 SVT Focus and get around 26 mpg with a combo of city/highway driving and no problems.

I would look for a good used SVT Focus for around $13,500 to $14,000. More bang for the buck.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Originally posted by focusongreg:
hyundai elantra. gt is $14,500, so the sedan would be lower. pretty nice car for the money. plus the 10 year/ 100,000 mile warranty. my friend has one and he loves it.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yep, I would really suggest the Elantra GLS, you can pick one up for around 12K, and the bumper-to-bumper is 5 years 50K, you can't beat that, and I've had them as rental cars and they aren't bad at all for the price.

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
Originally posted by Red_Willy_Focus:
Also her dad is a big consumer reports man and since they hate the focus he won't invest in one.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Worst magazine EVAR!!!!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
YOu don't have to tell me this, but he is a lawyer and he lives by it and it is hard to argue with him about it:)

·
Registered
171 Posts
What about the upcoming Scion Xa or Xb? Can't stand the looks of the Xb but many here like it. Personally I'm thinking about the Xa down the road as a fun little commuter car when I decide to get rid of the 2000 ZTS.

here's the Xa

Review from Edmunds here: web page

[ 05-07-2003, 04:29 PM: Message edited by: seminole_kev ]

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
2000 ZX3 Focus are selling for $7500CDN now thats only $5435.00 USD.

Good deal no?

Or

2000 ZX3 Focus = $5400
Tom's Turbo kit = $5200
Body Kit and Paint = $1500
Wheels = $1200
Money to spend on gas = $200
Total $13,500

·
Registered
248 Posts
Originally posted by AnythingButAFocus:
Well, lets see.

There is also the Honda Civic. If she wants / needs ABS, she'll have to get the EX, and those run about $14,500 around here, with ads, that is. Superb build quality, 5-star crash ratings, and a peppy VTEC-equipped motor make it an overall nice vehicle.

Andrew
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">You sure about that price for an EX? Invoice is like $15,800 and no rebates at least in my area. I just bought my wife a DX auto for $13,000 and put the A/C in myself for $820. I thought I ended up with a hell of a deal on some well built, reliable transportation.

G

·
0 Posts
New or used ? Tons on both...

But if Toyota Scion (Bb) is really going to be that cheap, I'd go for that. It's an awesome car

=dRe=

·
Registered
16 Posts
Anythingbutafocus---

Where are you seeing these ads? In my area there are no rebates on Toyotas or Hondas, and the Ford rebate is only at $2500.

Thanks

1 - 20 of 45 Posts